Band of Brothers

I'm pretty sure HBO will be selling it on VHS and/or DVD but not until probably around Christmas 2002. They have already got both the first and second seasons of "The Sopranos" on DVD in boxed sets. I'm sure HBO will do something similar to bring in some more money after spending $125 million for "Band of Brothers".

Until then, do what Dr. Brian suggests, if possible. I know I'm going to tape all the episodes to show to some friends who don't have HBO. Some aren't even CM fanatics. ;)

BTW, tonight at 7:30 CDT, HBO is airing a half-hour making-of "Band of Brothers" special. Already got the VCR programmed for that one. :D

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

to all those who have HBO:

i fart in your general direction! you mother was a goat and your father smelt of elder berries! now go away or i shall mock you a second time!

(yes im just jelous)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, now that isn't very nice! ;)

I would love to send tapes to everyone who wanted one but:

a.) It would be impractical for me

b.) HBO wouldn't appreciate it very much ;)

BTW, it's "your mother was a hamster" and "or I shall taunt you a second time". Yes, I've seen that movie one too many times. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sitzkrieg:

BTW, it's "your mother was a hamster" and "or I shall taunt you a second time". Yes, I've seen that movie one too many times. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

havnt we all . . . "look at the bones!" "you made me soil my armour. oh go change your armour" smile.gif, sorry wrong forum.

havnt we all . . . "look at the bones!" "you made me soil my armour. oh go change your armour" smile.gif, sorry wrong forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, right forum. How do you think the Peng thread ever got started? Lots 'o Python in there at one time. :D

havnt we all . . . "look at the bones!" "you made me soil my armour. oh go change your armour" smile.gif, sorry wrong forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chad, since we're correcting quotes, I have to reveal my True Geekiness and help you with the Star Wars lines. It's:

"So, we meet again at last. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."

"Only a master of evil, Darth."

I saw some of the "Making of...". Saw Tigers for sure, Shermans, and I think a Jagdpanther and maybe a Stug with Schurzen. Also, they talked briefly about the efforts of mocking up a PzIII from a British modern APC. Had to add the sixth road wheel and all, looks like they were fairly attentive to detail.

Of course, had they just waited, they could have gotten the PzIII off Ebay for $100 K.