Southern Cal CM'ers

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by General Panic:

I'm bringing a rifle just in case Foobar tries to get "romantic".<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO.... :D I had NOT thought about this, but you are absolutely right. Bring the rifles, barbed wire, land mines, trip wire, etc.... Whatever it takes...

I'll be there around 7:30. I know exactly where it is.

Regards,

MSP

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it, but I will be moving this coming week... to Oceanside, jarhead capital of the world, conveniently poised to strike at the heart of San Diego, or the soft underbelly of Orange County.

I have no idea where anything is in the southland so I'll be fool enough to go anywhere. There is some train thingy called a "Coaster" designed for geographically ambitious drunks, so it may be feasible.

I am eager to see you bringing your Garand into a southern Kalifornia bar. Not as illegal as a pack of menthols, mind you, but bound to create a stir nonetheless. I'll leave the Mauser at home.

Wowza nice to see so many San Diegans and SoCals playing this great game!

Was born in San Diego and have lived here all my life. Such a great, great city. Currently living in Mission Beach, home to some of the best looking women in the world.

So Shakespeares, huh? Cool enough. My old boss when I was bartending put the owners of Shakespeare up in his house when they first came into the country with just a dream of opening a pub. It's not such a bad place as long as you can ignore those crazy Euros chanting during football games...

Anyways- you guys would pick the weekend when I'm out of town, huh? LOL. Oh well. Hopefully I can catch it next time around...

:D

I have a request:

If anyone has a digital camera, please bring it to the pub, so we can post pictures.

Also, anyone with CM on a laptop, bring it with you.

My wife gave me 'the look' when I told her where I was going. She already calls CM "the other woman". She thinks of this sort of thing as being on the same level as "trekkies". So does anyone else have trouble with a missus who doesnt understand why CM must be central part of your marriage?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

So does anyone else have trouble with a missus who doesnt understand why CM must be central part of your marriage?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have no idea... mine is just GF status, but generally in charge. As some know, she is native Japanese. My life is a scene from "Bridge Over the River Kwai" and her archest of enemies is, you guessed it, CMBO. I can only play in stealth mode, usually by giving her shopping money.

She is not moving with me (at present). Home will be a CM shrine, CM fight club, all CM all the time, the CM Channel, the CM building, and my new neighbors had bloody well better like the sound of .50's in the morning (never really got to crank the subwoof here).

I may bring her digital camera, however. And the laptop will have CM with Win2K.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> My wife gave me 'the look' when I told her where I was going. She already calls CM "the other woman". She thinks of this sort of thing as being on the same level as "trekkies". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Instead of Spock ears & Klingon foreheads we wear Tin pots & Feldgrau. So what? lol

Mark IV: My condolences on moving to Oceanside, nice enough city, but the boot jarheads from the School Of Infantry and MCT (Marine Combat Training) on liberty are a pain. Just look like you'll report them to an officer and they'll leave you alone. The more seasoned grunts avoid Oceanside like the plague, they go North or South, so you won't have to deal with them much.

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I can only play in stealth mode, usually by giving her shopping money.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank God that you can MINIMIZE CM instantly. That right there is the # 1 top priority feature of the game. "No sorry honey, I cant do housework, I have to write up some excel files for work (tee hee hee)"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>She is not moving with me (at present). Home will be a CM shrine, CM fight club, all CM all the time, the CM Channel, the CM building, and my new neighbors had bloody well better like the sound of .50's in the morning<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My goodness, you could charge admission.

Mark IV's San Diego CM Safehouse This could be the start of something beautiful, if you dont mind loser no-life grognard wannabe's coming in and out of your house at all hours...

When my wife tells me to turn down the volume on my headphones because "she can still hear the artillery", I am thinking.. I CAN STILL HEAR OPRAH, why dont you turn down the TV!!.. hehe

But I do love her...and she is changing. Not only did I get her to go see Enemy at the Gates with me, she even read the book!!! Top that one. nyah nyah nyah

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amanuensis:

Do games go faster when you play somebody in your neighborhood?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the artillery arrives on target much sooner. I think you'll be out of range of all but my 8" guns up there, though.

I hope you fellas have a great time at Shakespeare's. While I live about 3 mile away from the pub, I work on Saturdays and get home about 7PM after a 14-hour day at a workplace 60 miles away...wiped out needless to say.

Possibly another day, so keep up the dialogue!

Just talked to the Supreme Being(Wife) and she says by all means, go. After pick self off floor in amzement, I post this message. I'll bring my Dell Laptop (hope there is a plug handy since the pig has a hour worth of useful battery life at full charge). What's the easiest way to get there from Newport Beach?

Actor, lets leave that sort of talk for your solo visits.. there are children present!(blech!)

This is going to be splendid, although I have no idea if Shakespeares is going to be able to handle, or want to deal with a LAN party on their presmises, but I guess we will find out :D

Navare, do we need to book a private party thing? If you want me to show up the same time as you, to help hold additional tables, I don't mind. Anyone reading, be sure to BUMP this thread right before the shin-dig

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I am in Corona, CA that's near Chino where the prisons and the old warplanes and the cows are!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actor, we could always 'borrow' a B25 from the Chino Airport and pick up people along the way...

Gyrene

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Well, I've managed to scrounge plenty of ethernet cables to go with the router, now BYO Network Interface card

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you can actually network all these different machines and systems in a bar, I will be more impressed than if you walk in with the Garand, bayonet attached.

Thinkpad A21p running Win2K with Netware services installed (LAN stuff built in with RJ45 right out the back). Also, I have the "pencil eraser" pointing device which I love and no one else can use... it is my force multiplier. smile.gif

I can bring a power strip too.