Southern Cal CM'ers

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we got people from San Diego and others from Pomona/Claremont area and others from da beach so why don't we meet in Orange County somewhere. That would seem to be about halfway for everyone.

I don't know of any bars around there but maybe someone else does. Or, if you have a better area to meet at, I'm all ears. By the way, I have no problem meeting in Arcadia which seems to be the center of the universe for Southern California accoring to some people smile.gif so that's always an option too.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Next two weeks are full for me.. We need to elect a grand Pooba to set this up, and make it for a month out, so more people can make it

. Lawyer lives too far away, and his bar tab is way too high right now.

So who is going to buy all the drinks and organize this thing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I volunteer to organize this thing, buying drinks well that is another story.

Are any of the San Diego people intrested in an inital meeting down here and then plan something in centeral for all the So Cal gamers?

Post here or email me and I will start a list.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sock Monkey:

The 94th Aero Squadron, while nifty, is, I think, primarily a brunch place. I don't recall seeing a bar there, but it's been awhile. I'm preferential to Shakespeare's on Washington -- good beer, nice patio smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a bar in the 94th Aero Squadron but it is a small one. I was also thinking along the lines of Shakespeare's . A much bigger area with tables that can seat more the three people.

San Diego CMer's (and those willing to drive to San Diego).

Next Saturday, October 13, general get together, for those that can make it, at Shakespeare's. I will get there at 7:00pm and grab a table if you can make it please let me know via email or post here, check my profile for my email address. If you have CMBO on your laptop bring it along.

For those of you who need more motivation, the first pitcher of Guiness will be on me.

If you cannot make it on the 13th or have so much fun you cannot live without meeting again, there will be another get together on the 27th of October also.

Email for directions if you need them.

Shakespeare's Pub

Interstate 5 north or south, to Washington (old town area). 1 block east of the 5 freeway on washington, make a right turn on the first possible street.

Your landmark is a big 2 story coffee house called "Gelato Vera". It is on the corner of that first right turn.

Park anywhere you can manage once you have turned at Gelato Vera. Gelato Vera and Shakespeare's are on the same block. Gelato vera on the northern-most corner, and shakespeare's bar is on the south corner, about 50 yards down.

It gets crowded and loud at times, so I hope we can get our hands on a patio table, so we can talk... It will be more romantic that way.... :rolleyes:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...old garand rifles, bring em with ya...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I WAS planning on attending this, but you guys, with rifles, in a bar, with Navare buying the first pitcher of Guiness.... Oh, I can imagine THAT will go over well...

Also, if the weather ends up anything like tonight, we might want to move it inside. The fog rolled in around 6, and it got a bit nippy...