If I Said You Had a Beautiful Peng Challenge Would You Hold It Against Me?

I see Germanboy was standing right behind me in the que for Seniour Kanniggetthood, a little too close as I recall.

(And all this time I thought it was someones umbrella poking me in the back, ah well, live and learn.

What is of greater interest is the undeniable evidence that in the issue of seniority among Seniour Kanniggetts, Herr Shaw comes in several places to the rear of moi, oh yes, proof indeed that the NSK* known as Joe has fasttracked his own promotion to Justicar, fueled by an insatiable feeling of inferiority that no amount of fancy titles may satisfy.

*Newbie Seniour Kanniggitt

(However Joe, I still like you more than Elvis)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moriarty:

...page 33 was Mace's inaugural post<hr></blockquote>

That makes me Senior Kniggit, 23 pages removed!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>On page 53 of the MBT, we were graced with <snip> Elvis:<hr></blockquote>

That makes Elvis further removed...but not removed far enough in my (dis)honest opinion!

Mace

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>What is of greater interest is the undeniable evidence that in the issue of seniority among Seniour Kanniggetts, Herr Shaw comes in several places to the rear of moi, oh yes, proof indeed that the NSK* known as Joe has fasttracked his own promotion to Justicar, fueled by an insatiable feeling of inferiority that no amount of fancy titles may satisfy.

*Newbie Seniour Kanniggitt

(However Joe, I still like you more than Elvis)<hr></blockquote> Excuse ME Mr. Member Number 1551! The only thing it PROVES is that TALENT will prove out in the final reckoning. If you HAD any talent you might be Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread right now ... if you weren't Australian which pretty much precludes anything except lounging around in a torn, filthy tee shirt, scratching your bum and wondering if there's a Three Stooges episode you HAVEN'T seen ... and enjoyed to the point of tears rolling down your stubble flecked cheeks.

There's something ... wrong here. How could an admitted SQUIRE be a Seniour Knight before someone who was ALWAYS a Knight? The only way is if ... THEY WEREN'T A KNIGHT WHEN THEY FIRST POSTED! Therefore ... HAH! You AREN'T a Seniour Knight because you had to BE a Knight AT THAT TIME!

Let this be a lesson to you lad, never cross swords with the Justicariate ... we have our ways.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

SO! There is a greater power than the Evil One...

Swept off your throne of bones you are, and replaced by Patch. Quite an improvement, I'd say.

But what should we have expected from a second rate power? After all, he ended up ruling in Hell because he didn't have the cojones take over heaven.<hr></blockquote>

She has the power to make me sleep on the couch... you on the otherhand (let me just check the list....) have ZERO chance of making it into heaven. Any more cracks you want to make, monkeyboy?

Well, but here, you evil spoken and evil smelling lot, the whole Seniour Knight thing was determined on a purely mechanistic basis in the earlier days of the Peng Challenge Thread, when there was much squabbling and unseemly behaviour.

Now, just as any Order, Society, or Pantheon evolves and advances, so the Peng Challenge Thread moves forward. The only thing frozen into amber, at this point, is the Olde Ones, and that doesn't come out of any sort of heirarchical obsession, so much as Universal Mystery and Archetype.

Mind, if any of you were paying attention, the Mystical Three of the Olde Ones have, over time, been matched by a Mystical Three of Goddesses, namely Yk2, Kitty, and Patch. The fair Emma inspires me, the calm and gentle Persephone mitigates the excesses of Berli, and...well, oddly we pair up Kitty and Peng because each hates the other, apparently. There's one in every crowd.

Now, as for the status of Seniour Knight: I don't believe this was ever intended to be a status that you were either born with, or would be forever denied...ah, gods, Ossian's doing a rather beautiful Gaelic ballad just now...now that's music...

As I was saying, even the title of Seniour Knight must evolve. Otherwise, frankly, when the current crop of pillocks kacks, there will be no one to teach the children about the Peng Challenge Thread, except the Olde Ones. And frankly, Peng frightens children, Berli can't be left around them with matches, and I simply can't do it alone.

So, as time passes, it only stands to reason and common sense usage, that long-time posters, found to be of value to the Thread, and useless for anything else in the Universe, will come to be Seniour Knights.

They will, of course, be raised by the acclaim of their fellows, and by their contributions to the Peng Challenge Thread, and by the solemn nod of the Olde Ones.

Oh, and sometimes just because we Olde Ones bloody well say it's so. Actually, that's mainly when it will occur. Most of you can't be trusted with a pack of burnt out matches, why should we believe you've paid enough attention to the Mother Beautiful Thread to notice who's reached the threshold of being a Seniour Knight? Pillocks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

There's something ... wrong here. How could an admitted SQUIRE be a Seniour Knight before someone who was ALWAYS a Knight? The only way is if ... THEY WEREN'T A KNIGHT WHEN THEY FIRST POSTED! Therefore ... HAH! You AREN'T a Seniour Knight because you had to BE a Knight AT THAT TIME! <hr></blockquote>

I do so hate poking holes in your logic (Hell, its hard to do with all the holes that already exist), but the establishment of Knighthoods came long after the original MBTAIWABT

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I do so hate poking holes in your logic (Hell, its hard to do with all the holes that already exist), but the establishment of Knighthoods came long after the original MBTAIWABT<hr></blockquote>

Damn good point, Berli, and Shaw should have known that.

ROIGHT, THEN! THERE'S ONE LAD AS IS A BLIGHT ON THE GLORIOUS PENG CHALLENGE THREAD, AND HE KNOWS WHO HE IS...STEADY, THERE, SLAPDRAGON! I'M SPEAKING TO YOU, MY HAPPY LITTLE MAN!

I have, Sirrah, done my best to see that you are treated fairly by this community, and more than fairly. But now, what do I see?

You are posting strange, Donovan-esque gibberish on the Outer Boards. They seem to involve whoring yourself and others to no purpose at all.

I require a setup, lad.

Why, you ask yourself? And well you might.

Because I have watched your endless, 'Deputy Dog' posturing with a jaundiced eye, noting your need to portray youself as an agent of justice, and, in company with your horrible Grog postings, to paint yourself as a knowledgeable individual with an actual contribution to make.

I reject them all, and laugh your sniveling attempts at significance to scorn.

If I had raised a child up to adulthood, and set it too the arts of war, and nurtured it with every breath of my body, and loved it even as if it were my own flesh and blood, and had it turn out like yourself, I would unhesitatingly dash it's brains out with a meat tenderizer, rather than let it carry on like yourself.

Wouldst seek Knighthood? Send me a setup.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Damn good point, Berli, and Shaw should have known that.<hr></blockquote>Precisely and exactly to both of you. Of COURSE the Knighthoods came later, that was MY POINT! I was CREATED a Knight of the CessPool AND fell within the admittedly bizarre confines of the determined Seniour Knights. Stuka, OTOH, was a SQUIRE first and, despite the fact that he fell within the above limits, CANNOT BE CONSIDERED A SENIOUR KNIGHT because he WASN'T a KNIGHT first donchaknow. Now how can he be considered a Seniour Knight when I was a Knight first and he a Squire second? Now perhaps he's to be considered a JUNIOR Seniour Knight whilst my own fine self would be, in addition to being Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and CessPool Drain Commissioner a SENIOR Seniour Knight.

Unless, of course, this case falls within the boozy haze Seanachai referred to when he made mention of "or whenever we damn well feel like it..." or words to that effect. In that case I withdraw my objection ... to his title mind, I've still NUMEROUS objections to Stuka himself as do all right thinking CessPoolers.

Hoping this clears up the misunderstanding and remaining your obedient servant (yeah right, like THAT'LL ever happen),

Joe

{hardly edited at all, not worth the bother really, nothing to see, move along}

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]</p>

Now, as for the status of Seniour Knight: I don't believe this was ever intended to be a status that you were either born with, or would be forever denied...

So, as time passes, it only stands to reason and common sense usage, that long-time posters, found to be of value to the Thread, and useless for anything else in the Universe, will come to be Seniour Knights.

They will, of course, be raised by the acclaim of their fellows, and by their contributions to the Peng Challenge Thread, and by the solemn nod of the Olde Ones.

Oh, and sometimes just because we Olde Ones bloody well say it's so. Actually, that's mainly when it will occur. <hr></blockquote>

Having neither the gift of verbosity nor diarrhea of the keyboard, let us cut to the chase here. If

Seanachai is correct in his assertions, then none of us know who are Senior Kaniggets, if in fact any exist. It appears that the arbitrary and capricious first-10-pages exercise was in error.

Let the assembled throng of Kaniggets clatter goblets, pound their staffs on the stonework, clank mail and generally be a nuisance as they await the proclamation of the Olde Ones

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Precisely and exactly to both of you. Of COURSE the Knighthoods came later, that was MY POINT! I was CREATED a Knight of the CessPool AND fell within the admittedly bizarre confines of the determined Seniour Knights. Stuka, OTOH, was a SQUIRE first and, despite the fact that he fell within the above limits, CANNOT BE CONSIDERED A SENIOUR KNIGHT because he WASN'T a KNIGHT first donchaknow. Now how can he be considered a Seniour Knight when I was a Knight first and he a Squire second? Now perhaps he's to be considered a JUNIOR Seniour Knight whilst my own fine self would be, in addition to being Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and CessPool Drain Commissioner a SENIOR Seniour Knight.

<hr></blockquote>

Joe Shaw, Olde Foul Joe, I cannot help but acknowledge, as I would for a Knight of your status, acumen, and overall erudition, that, er...I have no sodding idea what to say to you.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS HE'S ON THE BRINK OF GOING MAD WHEN SHAW BEGINS TO 'MAKE A POINT'?

Joe, my own dear and honoured opponent, there is a time and place for everything.

Everything, that is, except your OWN DEMENTED FORM OF THE PENG WATER TORTURE, WHERE YOU BENIFICENTLY RAISE 'SHAW'S RULES OF ORDER' #277, IN WHICH IT IS STATED THAT: MEMBERS OF THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD THAT HAVE MENTIONED DACHSHUNDS, CHIHUAHUAS, OR PUG DOGS IN MORE THAN THREE POSTS, ACROSS THE BODY OF THEIR POSTINGS, SHALL FORFEIT THE RIGHT TO QUESTION THE USE OF MEDIUM ARTILLERY IN MEETING ENGAGEMENTS IN WHICH SAID CANINES ARE SIGHTED AS 'AUTHORITIES ON THE DEPLOYMENT OF FORWARD OBSERVERS' BY THE OPPOSING PLAYER.

Gods give me rest.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>

Seanachai, Peng,

It seems there is some confusion as to who is or is not a senior knight. I propose that we look upon this matter and post for an accurate list so the slow witted mortals may thus be enlightened<hr></blockquote>

It is true, oh Berli. We must confer.

A new and certain standard must be established. The 'Pool is perched on the brink of anarchy. Well, that is, more anarchy. A really unpleasant form of anarchy, in which even really dim pillocks can spew even more useless gibberish than usual.

Say, how's Persephone doing? Lawyer had only the nicest things to say about her. Said right up front that she was your redeeming feature. 'Cept she wouldn't dance. But I understand that sort of thing.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>

Say, how's Persephone doing? Lawyer had only the nicest things to say about her. Said right up front that she was your redeeming feature. 'Cept she wouldn't dance. But I understand that sort of thing.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]<hr></blockquote>

The only reason she wouldn't dance is that

Lawyer kept screaming for the Chicken Dance, so she rightly declined.

ROIGHT, THEN! THERE'S ONE LAD AS IS A BLIGHT ON THE GLORIOUS PENG CHALLENGE THREAD, AND HE KNOWS WHO HE IS...STEADY, THERE, SLAPDRAGON! I'M SPEAKING TO YOU, MY HAPPY LITTLE MAN!<hr></blockquote>

My, the confusing little bit about the Magenta Onion and all. You of all people should appreciate this attempt to create an antigrog campaign that is idiotic and ludicrous. Byt not only did your splattering get your caps lock stuck, but it seems to have obscured a major portion of your screen.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Seanachai:

jaundiced eye

Seanachai, Peng,

It seems there is some confusion as to who is or is not a senior knight. I propose that we look upon this matter and post for an accurate list so the slow witted mortals may thus be enlightened<hr></blockquote>

If nominated I will not run; if elected I will not serve.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Moriarty:

If nominated I will not run; if elected I will not serve.<hr></blockquote>

Sod that, for a game of tin soldiers.

You're already a Seniour Knight, you pillock.

Stand ready to serve in whatever fashion the Mother Beautiful Thread requires, ya' dangly bit of undifferentiated stupidity.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Better have that looked at. By the way, a setup is on the way.<hr></blockquote>

I will not rest until you are perceived as what you are: a slack-jawed, arse-scratching, gun-toting, Australian wannabe.

A man who screams 'Freeze, scumbag, or I'll fill you full of lead' while describing his part time job and stuffing himself to the point of rupture on appetizers at family gatherings.

A man without honour. A man without purpose. A man who is less than a man.

Not more than 1500 points, oh dis-esteemed opponent, and something like reality in unit choice.

A man who screams 'Freeze, scumbag, or I'll fill you full of lead' while describing his part time job and stuffing himself to the point of rupture on appetizers at family gatherings.

<hr></blockquote>

Tackleberry?

You're already a Seniour Knight, you pillock.<hr></blockquote>

Feh!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Stand ready to serve in whatever fashion the Mother Beautiful Thread requires, ya' dangly bit of undifferentiated stupidity.<hr></blockquote>

Just shakin' the bush here, boss.

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Moriarty ]</p>

Okay, whatever.

Just so long as you know I hold you in the lowest esteem possible.<hr></blockquote>

Yes sir, that and a dollar will get me a bagel and cream cheese. In the Onion, I think someone named a town after you, but I am going to ask that it be changed to a dump.