Non-grog CMBB feature - speech bubble

hi there!

I just came up with a simple idea that is totally non-historical, maybe silly I don't know, but that IMO could make PBEM games more fun: When planning a PBEM turn, one could select a unit and write some text that this unit would "say" during the turn. Like in cartoons. The words would be displayed near the unit the same way "gun hit" or other such things. Then when watching the movie you could see things like a Stuart commander aiming at a KT shouting "I have higher ROF!" or other serious or not so serious things. I think this simple thing could make movies very atmospheric. And to make it perfect, it would be nice to specify a delay, like when using the Pause command, that would tell when during the turn the words would be shown. Like after 10 seconds or 30 seconds. What do you think?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SlowMotion:

hi there!

I just came up with a simple idea that is totally non-historical, maybe silly I don't know, but that IMO could make PBEM games more fun: When planning a PBEM turn, one could select a unit and write some text that this unit would "say" during the turn. Like in cartoons. The words would be displayed near the unit the same way "gun hit" or other such things. Then when watching the movie you could see things like a Stuart commander aiming at a KT shouting "I have higher ROF!" or other serious or not so serious things. I think this simple thing could make movies very atmospheric. And to make it perfect, it would be nice to specify a delay, like when using the Pause command, that would tell when during the turn the words would be shown. Like after 10 seconds or 30 seconds. What do you think?<hr></blockquote>

I am not a Grog and I think it would be aGREAT idea

So that our units and men on the ground could actually taunt each other during combat

With things like

"I love it when a plan comes together"

or

"I pity the Fool that fires on my Elite Panther"

or

"All your bases are belong to us"

or

"Surrender now you Kraut bastards, my Tank destroyers just showed up as reinforcements and you don't know where they are coming from!"

I Like it!!

I really like it! smile.gif

-tom w

Something like that smile.gif Or putting a couple of snipers in the middle of woods. When a huge enemy human wave begins to approach, they see "You're surrounded!" And from the other sniper "drop your weapons - now!"

I think at the moment many PBEM games include such comments between players - just think how cool it would be see the units "talk" those messages. HQ-units could shout all new versions of "Los, Los!" to troops under their command, the enemy could be deceived with fake plans, pre-attack propaganda and so on. There are so many uses for this. I think it would be especially good in town fights etc. where the enemy is close enough that we could think the opponents could actually hear what the other one is saying.