Dawn Skies Mod available here.

This has been mentioned already, but I just finished some replacement skies for dawn/dusk to go with my blue skies. They can be downloaded over at the Dogs of War website in the download section http://members.tripod.com/johnnocmdow/down.htm . The zip has replacement files for both the high and low res versions of the skys, for you people who have voodoo 3 cards smile.gif . Be aware that both verisons are bigger than the stock skies.

Anyway, here're the shots. I've managed to reduce the posterized look of the skies somewhat on these (and on my blue skies).

Comments? Flames? Criticisms?

SurlyBen

testdawn.jpg

summerdawn.jpg

reddawn.jpg

[This message has been edited by SurlyBen (edited 03-31-2001).]

Truely stunning mate. My cyber soldiers will just look up at the sun set/rise. They will be so taken by the view. wink.gif

I loved your Blue Sky mods too. Now have to get a better 3D card..

------------------

"Alla Keefek" is a Brit soldier's corruption of an Arabic phrase. It

means "couldn't be bothered". A Firefly of the 4th County of London Yeomanry had it painted on the rear of the turret. This Firefly was knocked out by a Tiger from 501st SS.

http://www.geocities.com/alla_keefek/

Home of my Interface/Splash screens for CMBO &

DFDR mod.

Originally posted by SurlyBen:

The zip has replacement files for both the high and low res versions of the skys, for you people who have voodoo 3 cards smile.gif . Be aware that both verisons are bigger than the stock skies.

Great lookin sky's mate. I'm not sure just how my system will go with all these mods.

I've got a PIII 600 with 128Mb PC133 and 32Mb VGA card.

Do you think this will run yours and alot of the other Hi-Res mods ok?

------------------

"We don't wanna to die for our country, we wanna make the other bastard die for his" - Patton.

Stix, my skies shouldn't cause your system any trouble. I run CM on a 350 mhz machine with a voodoo 3 card, and I don't have a problem with my skies. The thing is, at most you will see two sky textures at any one time (well, the same texture twice). Compare that to grass, where every 20 square meters of the map shows a grass texture, and you can have a map several kilometers on a side on your screen at once. A 1km by 1km map is showing 2500 of those 20 meter squares...

SurlyBen

Guest Pillar

I'll be the first to offer a flame.

You sky watching good for nothing CM addict wannabee.

smile.gif

(They look great!)

Guest Rex_Bellator

Great work SurlyBen.

If you haven't got them yet make sure you also grab the Clear Sky mods which IMHO are the best to date.

The second one is my fave as well smile.gif

------------------

In blossom today

then scattered,

life is so like a delicate flower,

how can one expect the fragrance

to last forever

Vice Admiral Takijiro Ohnishi - Commander Kamikaze Special Attack Force

First of all Ben, let me say that these mods are amazing. Just incredible.

However, for some reason the "Reddawn" sky never shows up. "Falldawn" shows up for Sept-Nov, but "Summerdawn" shows up for all the other months including winter months. What setting do you need to get the Reddawn?

I actually had the same problem with Tiger's recent sky mod. The summer skys show up in winter. It seems to ignore bmps # 1410, 1412 and 1442. I'm on a PC.

------------------

What a bunch of horsecrap. -Steve

[This message has been edited by Vanir Ausf B (edited 04-01-2001).]

The red dawn sky (1412.bmp and 1442.bmp) only shows up on clear days with snow on the ground. This means that you will never see it in a quick battle: any time you have snow on the ground in a QB, it is snowing, so you'll get an overcast sky. This is true of my winter blue sky mod as well as tiger's sky mods.

Kind of a bummer, but that's just the way the game does things. The upside is that this means that if you get sick of the regular skies, you have a sky that you rarely see that you can swap in by changing the filenames around.

Ben