My first and last MOD, Kubelwagen

HAving seen maaaany gray Kubelwagens in movies and model/toy format, I wanted one. I also wanted to say I had once attempted a MOD for CM. The result... the gray kubelwagen.

Besides coloring, the only real additions are that the headlamps are now "attached" to the sides of the car, rather than stuck on the fenders in a flat, unsee-able way. Also, the rear hatch and side doors were made a bit more detailed. (in my unique, new to MOD'ing way)

I now have a lot of respect for MOD'ers... what a pain in ze buttocks!

bullethole.jpg

Weber notices a bullethole in the windshield of his shiny new Kubelwagen...

break.jpg

Weber waits for his passenger to "drain the weasel."

headlamp.jpg

Weber gets plenty of time to examine his new headlamps while waiting for a drunkard to get out of his way...

lazyday.jpg

Weber decides to take a roadside nap on a lazy summer afternoon...

[This message has been edited by Mr. Clark (edited 01-02-2001).]

Fess up to what really happened in the last picture. Weber was drunk off his ass while tooling around in his spiffy Kubelwagon. Fritz was on his way to the latrine when Weber plowed into him. Weber then ran off Halle Barry style leaving poor Fritz for dead. smile.gif

Hey, don't let it be your last. Not a bad product for a first try. One of the things alot of folks forget, is what I learned from the old model railroad days. Weathering. Rust, dust, mud, grease and grime do amazing things to models. Brings em to life. Keep at it my good fellow. The mod makers have really brought this game to "visual" life.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

I'm going to add some dust and dirt to the fenders and lower extremeties, and then I'll post a link in this thread for d/loading if anyone really wants it.

(I've already "scuffed" up the fenders a bit)

Pvt. Ryan seems to have uncovered the truth about Weber and Fritz, as Fritz did not report for duty this morning and empty champagne bottles litter the back seat of Webers new Kubelwagen...

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Could you maybe do fuzzy dice hanging from the dash, though? How about some bumper stickers? smile.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Sorry Mr. Clark, I didn't mean to steal the Jeep away from your shed, your other thread inspired me to work on the Jeep. Very nice work on the Kubelwagen, good work on the textures. I still hope you show us your Jeep mod though, I'd like to see it.

-Mo

------------------

"For every soldier that died at Dieppe, ten were saved on D-Day"

--Lord Louis Mountbatten

Can I order it with lifters? I want to put some Mickey Thompson's on it, oh and what about spoilers? They really help with fast command recons. smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)