Ruined buildings

Anybody know of any mods that replace a ruined building with a building of broken walls and no roof instead of just a flat space? I think that would be cool...if I knew how to make mods I would do it myself. How hard is it to learn to make mods? Thank ye and carry on. :cool:

i tried it once. the way the 3d model textures work is that even if you make part of a wall transparent, it won't show the inside of the wall opposite it(the grey texture)...it shows the grass on the other side of the wall, so it looks bad.

As i understand such things there will never be a mod that does this as no 3d model exists for ruined buildings, they are just a 2d bitmap on the ground.

I should think you could get this effect on a non-ruined building easily enough by modding existing building textures. But the game would of course treat it as a normal building.

ben.

hehe, you got there before me,

so... you can't mod it to normal buildings, a shame.

would be nice (for cm2/cmII) if buildings did gradually desintegrate as they were damaged, but i know there are a ton of other things i'd rather see first.

ben.

I dunno. I have a Hetzer that is 3d foliage placed on it.

Cant imagine if one can do that why you could not add some kind of 3d to the ruinded buildings. I also feel that a flat sqaure showing a blowing up building kind of looks bad.

Gen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen-x87:

I dunno. I have a Hetzer that is 3d foliage placed on it.

Cant imagine if one can do that why you could not add some kind of 3d to the ruinded buildings. I also feel that a flat sqaure showing a blowing up building kind of looks bad.

Gen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can't be done because while the Hetzer is already mapped to a 3D model, the ruined building is not (it's just a texture mapped to the terrain).

i remember another member said to lock roadbocks onto rubble tiles gives it a nice look to the rubble tile(they both use the same bmp)

the 3d foilage for the hetzer is painted on. there is a shadow painted on as well to make it look like it's sticking out