Ok Marco and Gordon and Shane....

...when are we going to see some Canadian pattern tracks on the Sherman mods? I just found out that at least one of the Shermans in Band of Brothers was in fact a Canadian Grizzly - I thought the tracks looked very Canadian!

Have these been implemented in that big Sherman zip I still have in my inbox, Marco? I hope to put it up for download this weekend, incidentally.

Canadian Track Types <blockquote>quote:</font><hr> During 1942/1943 Canada designed and tested a track type consisting of single pin cast steel links, doing away entirely with the double rubber bushed pin type design. Aptly named Canadian Dry Pin or C.D.P., this track type looked a lot like German tank tracks. It did not not use valuable rubber and they proved both cheaper to make and lighter than the U.S. type steel links. C.D.P. tracks were fitted to Canadian-built Sherman related AFVs. <hr></blockquote>

So I guess the operative is Canadian built which would probably rule out most Shermans, etc. Would be an interesting variant though.

(Is that delicate enough?)

[ 11-29-2001: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Marco Bergman:

If you email me some pictorial evidence, something might happen. Thank you for your delicately worded demand.<hr></blockquote>

:confused: :confused: :confused:

When I said "put it up for download this weekend" I meant the stuff you had already sent....I was just wondering if you had ever heard of CDP before, not expecting you to pull a mod of it out of your ass! Sorry for the confusion...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andreas:

Whatever happened to that Churchill mod?<hr></blockquote>

Andreas,

Are you referring to my Churchill mod, or the nice new one with the cast turret recently released (can't remember exact artist- bfamily, perhaps?).

I have sent my mod pack to der Kessel twice now, and yet it still does not appear. This, even AFTER I have included changes made to conform to pictorial evidence you sent to me. I fear I have offend you and der Kessel somehow. If so, please allow me to apologize for whatever it was that I said / did.

Currently I think that it is at the CMHQ / Manx combined site (CMHQ), although where exactly I do not know.

Hope that all is well with you!

Regards,

MSP

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Feldgrau:

Andreas,

Are you referring to my Churchill mod, or the nice new one with the cast turret recently released (can't remember exact artist- bfamily, perhaps?).

I have sent my mod pack to der Kessel twice now, and yet it still does not appear. This, even AFTER I have included changes made to conform to pictorial evidence you sent to me. I fear I have offend you and der Kessel somehow. If so, please allow me to apologize for whatever it was that I said / did.

Currently I think that it is at the CMHQ / Manx combined site (CMHQ), although where exactly I do not know.

Hope that all is well with you!

Regards,

MSP<hr></blockquote>

Matt,

hi. Who did you send it to? I never received a final version of it. I think there are just some crossed wires here, and certainly no offense taken in any form. BTW - the air recognition was not a request, but a suggestion. Being totally inept at modding, it would never enter my mind to request anything, I just ask politely.

What is the size of that email? I can only take up to 5MB on this account, and I have had some serious trouble with it in recent weeks.

Andreas,

Ah, I think I see the problem here.... the mod weighs in zipped at just a tad over 7MB (I believe). Perhaps that it why you haven't received it, which would also explain why I never got back any response to my sarcastic e-mail comments which I had sent with the attachment (which prompted me to ask if perhaps I had offended you with same....)

What I will do tonight is break the thing down into packets, and send them to you. This is what I have had to do with my mods when I send them to Mssr. Dorosh, as he has the same file size limitation. Hopefully this will solve the problem. I will also include a plethora of new sarcastic comments if you like, or I can just cut and paste the old ones. Your choice... ;)

Also, I am sorry regarding the confusion with my earlier post; I know that you never requested that I include the a/c recog star, nor the 'kit' version with all of the track links welded to the structure. However it was you who provided the fantastic pics which led to the inclusion of those details. Thus, guilt by association...

Regards,

MSP

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: Feldgrau ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Guys,

That last one could be mailed to me in one go (I'm ADSL) and I will then forward it the way you see fit to Mensch or any other Kesselers.

Would help unburden your ISP and help spread this gorgeous Churchill MOD we had been testing.

Drop me a mail to keep me posted.

marcel.vie@wanadoo.fr<hr></blockquote>

Despite it coming from that vile Frenchman, this sounds like a plan to me. Plan Gelb, to be precise. See you in Paris.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Guys,

That last one could be mailed to me in one go (I'm ADSL) and I will then forward it the way you see fit to Mensch or any other Kesselers.

Would help unburden your ISP and help spread this gorgeous Churchill MOD we had been testing.

Drop me a mail to keep me posted.

marcel.vie@wanadoo.fr<hr></blockquote>

O.K., I sent the files to Andreas, but this morning I got a message from his ISP that the last one bounced back. Here is a brief cut from what it said:

Your message

To: Andreas Biermann

Subject: Final Churchill file

did not reach the following recipient(s):

(e-mail address deleted to protect the guilty) Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a=

;p=est;l=EXSVR10112011541RD2Z88L5

I've resent it to Andreas, so if he gets it then hopefully everything will be fine. If he doesn't then perhaps we'll go with your suggestion, Marcel.

As always, thank you for your kind assistance!

Regards,

MSP

P.S.- Andreas, please let me know that you have the files....

Okay, the UK is an effin' third-world country, with email and internet connections that would be put to shame by the average service you get in the Ugandan countryside. I hate BT, NTL, and the assorted other nitwits messing up the comms systems here. All the managers deciding about how to mistreat customers in these companies would be too well dealt with by summary execution after 25 years hard labour in a mine north of the Siberian bit of the polar circle. Their ineptitude makes them worthy of running a railway in south London.

So, with that off my chest, Matt, you have mail.