I played the Germans in Chance encounter and I LOVE THIS GAME.

I usually play the Americas but I have won both games off the Demo as them so I decided to try the Germans. Going against My Vetern status in real life and playing the enemy. HEHEHE.

IT WAS A BLAST. I was getting kicked all over the map at first and they had knocked out two or 3 of my Stug111 and I was in trouble. Then their Shermans ran into Mr. Panzersherk Or however its spelled. He got two Shermans and then my last Stug got the 3rd. (Sorry if some names are wrong. This is a new game to me)

I held off his waves of infantry by occuping the woodlines and moving troops around to make up for so few. I was just hoping not to get ROUTED and I won the game with 60 pts to his 40. I know this is no big deal but for me as a new player it was a thrill.

You guys were right this is one GREAT game and I cannot wait to get it in the mail.

PS Congrats to the Kansas State Wildcats for Beating the Snot out of my College. Great game cats.

Well Go Vols and God Bless.

"Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way SCORE"

Send me an e-mail Townsend and we can try a pbem of the demo, which strangely enough I still have on my computer. You pick which of the two demo scenarios and which side you want to play.

It's easy and you'll love it even more.

john

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

Send me an e-mail Townsend and we can try a pbem of the demo, which strangely enough I still have on my computer. You pick which of the two demo scenarios and which side you want to play.

It's easy and you'll love it even more.

john<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Townsend I also have the demo on my computer. If you want a Pbem with me, E-mail me as I will be playing tonight.

Shatter again

I had a thought, can you add mods to the demo. If so I would send a few to Townsend. Then he could see the difference when playing a game with mods.

Townsend if the mods are available for the demo how would you like black Stugs or Stugs or Shermans with foilage. Or faces on you men with scars, or even gauss ramped around a bloody face, or even change your buildings.

Mods are really cool, it is amazing what my game looks like now compared to the demo and original version.

[This message has been edited by Shatter (edited 01-01-2001).]

Shatter and Towns-

Yes you can add mods to the Demo. The only thing you can't so far is the Sound mod for mdmp2, i believe. I have applied all mods so far that i can get my hands on while I am also waiting for my copy of the game. They look great and I can't wait to try more out when i get the game. The weathered shermans and the infatry uniforms look amazing. I even added the pather G mods in Valley of trouble. So mod away while you can. Tiger has a great grass mod and texture set I am using on it that makes all the difference.

------------------

"D-Day was a nightmare. Even now it brings pain to recall what happened there on June 6, 1944. I have returned many times to honor the valiant men who died on that beach. They should never be forgotten. Nor should those who lived to carry the day by the slimmest of margins. Every man who set foot on Omaha Beach that day was a hero."

General Omar Bradley-

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Maximus,

If you're going to publicly correct someone, it behooves you to at least get the correction right.It's "Sturmgeschutz," not "Sturmgeshutz."

Ya man you forgot a C just kidding.

Sometimes a person misses key.

Bet that has never happened to John

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Maximus,

If you're going to publicly correct someone, it behooves you to at least get the correction right.It's "Sturmgeschutz," not "Sturmgeshutz."

Note: no attempt made here to

replicate umlaut.

Regards,

John Kettler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops, missed a 'c' in there. So sue me. wink.giftongue.gif

Shatter,

Though I am an excellent speller and have worked as a proofreader on several occasions, when under heavy stress I develop a condition I call typing dyslexia. Somehow the brain-to-finger connection breaks down, resulting in a stream of typos which I have to go back and painstakingly fix.

Maximus,

No tort,no foul!

Later.

John Kettler

Shatter,

Though I am an excellent speller and have worked as a proofreader on several occasions, when under heavy stress I develop a condition I call typing dyslexia. Somehow the brain-to-finger connection breaks down, resulting in a stream of typos which I have to go back and painstakingly fix.

Maximus,

No tort,no foul!

Later.

I have the same porblem except with me it's all of the time.

Ha, see? I told ya.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

Shatter,

Maximus,

No tort,no foul!

Later.

Yo, Kettler

First rule of copy editing:

It's never the editor's fault, the keyboard just can't spell.

------------------

"Moriarty, you suck." -- Dunno, but somebody must've said it somewhere along the line