Marco Bergman's PLAIN SHERMAN MEGA PACK on the verge of release!

Expect to see the US plain-pack before the weekend at least. You will now have every version of the US Sherman in HI-RES, including the M4(75,105), M4A1(75/76), M4A3(75/76/105), M4A3 HVSS(76/105), and M4A3E2 Jumbo(75/76).

And as a BONUS, this pack will also include all WINTER versions. However, this pack is as advertised, PLAIN, meaning no options, just plain ol' unzip and install for those that are file-management challenged. rolleyes.gif The FULL PACK is still about a week or so away after the release of this pack.

Marco has been hard at work on these for a long time, and he is just about to finish up this major project. Believe me folks, you'll want these new HI-RES BABIES on your HD!

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-20-2001).]

I think plain is where it is just plain, and full is where it is full of all kinds of chit. smile.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 02-20-2001).]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

What exactly is the difference in "plain" and "full"?

Hey,

Plain are the olive drab only versions that you can just extract to your BMP folder, and BANG, you're done.

Full includes all the various national flavors with batch files, etc.. to rapidly change which mods are in effect. They take a while to set up, but in my opinion it adds incredible value to the game having all the options.

Marco, can't wait to see the full deal! So, er, when do you start on the Churchills, Comets, Chaffee, Pershing, Sexton, Archer, etc...??? wink.gif

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

CM Recon

Hmmmmm, Tiger already has a high res Sherman plain pack that I am using right now. It can be found for d/l at the combat-missions web site.

Of course, I'll take a look at the Bergman mod...

Choices, choices...

------------------

expert \'ek-,spert'\ n : someone who knows more and more about less and less until eventually they know everything about nothing

Originally posted by Doug Williams:

Hmmmmm, Tiger already has a high res Sherman plain pack that I am using right now. It can be found for d/l at the combat-missions web site.

Umm, Tiger's Hi-Res stuff isn't really all that hi-res. Marco's stuff blows Tiger's "hi-res" away.

Marco's plain pack is expected to be released this week. He sent the final preview of it to me this morning but it didn't go through. Old Dog was suppose to send it to me in pieces however and they could be sitting in my mailbox right now.

This PLAIN pack is just the American Olive Drab versions with no optional options. Meaning that there won't be any variations of the same file. In other words, no files labeled ####_opt.bmp

The FULL pack will have the US, FF, UK, CA, & PO variants. NOTE: There is a difference between the US M4A3 files and the UK Sherman III & V files. However, the US M4A1 and the UK Sherman II use the same files. So if you use the plain pack, UK Sherman IIs will always be US Olive Drab instead of UK Forest Green.

IMHO, the FULL pack will be the way to go. It comes with full readmes on how to setup everything. So if you can "follow directions", I know that's hard for some people, rolleyes.gif you should be able to use the FULL pack without any problems. And as Jagdcarcajou said, it really adds a new dimension to the game. I especially like the FF versions.

Tiger makes very fine mods, and I encourage people to use whatever mod they prefer the look of.

My work on the plainpack is now complete, bar any last minute emergencies, and release is now in the hands of Old Dog, who is doing the preview pictures and Mod Manager stuff. The official Old Dog announcement and release will be before the weekend.

The full pack ought to be out early next week.