WineCape's Wine Tourney II

OK, as near as I can tell, all unfinished games are currently underway. Chuckle has been dropped from the tournament and the standings adjusted accordingly. The absolute deadline for completing your remaining games is November 1st. That should be more than enough time. It's looking like it may be an exciting finish.

Treeburst155 out.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike8g:

Quite undecided.

My flanking attack was crushed, but my Daimlers managed to take out a StuG IV.

Another fell victim to an AT-gun, while he toasted some of my vehicles with Panzerschrecks.

We both have tanks and troops left to seize and hold the VLs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, still running. The actions mentioned above happenend all during the first turns.

mike8g

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder. You have ELEVEN days left to complete your games. Is everyone on track to make it? If not, be prepared to show that it wasn't your fault so you don't get disqualified. At this point only StuG III has finished all his games. Remember, all players who don't complete their games are disqualified and all their finished games are erased from players' records. Could StuG III win just for finishing? It will be interesting.

Treeburst155 out.

The standings are updated and it is tight!! Mike8g has a BIG ace in the hole however. He took a beating in his game with Mr Spkr. It's very possible that Mr Spkr could be disqualified. This would raise Mike8g's average considerably. We shall see.

The only games still not completed are four games involving Mr Spkr. If you've played him already, you are finished. How about a status report on the Mr Spkr games? Is he back online?

Treeburst155 out.

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

Ive pretty much finished playing CM... hoping CM2 will be out before xmas. Howeva I'll be keen to play the winner of this tourney having won the winecape I tourney myself. I have a feeling that evening the bottom ranked tourney I guys could kick u tourney II people stupid, so if you want to conced now I'll understand ;)

It looks like I'll get in the secound place in any scenario (with MrSpkr doing his game (Sledge would win) or not (Mike's victory)).

That's a pity. I would really liked to beat Kiwijoe senseless, it is clear he doesn't deserve all the fine red wine he'll receive :D

Fangorn,

According to my records you still have to complete your game with Mr Spkr. If you do well in it you could quite possibly win.

So, it appears Mr Spkr is still with us but moving very slowly. How about an update from the four of you still playing Mr Spkr? What turn are you on?

Treeburst155 out.

This is true, but from what I've gathered about MrSpkr and Sledge game, Slegde will win with a good result, while my game with MrSpkr (turn 21 of a 25 +/- 3 turns game) will be a draw. We are playing a LOS limited map with two sets of two minor VLs, which are far apart. I moved almost all my forces at a set, while MrSpkr did the same at the other...

I've been in touch with Mr Spkr and/or his opponents. It appears he will be able to make good progress in three of his four games. His game with Tincan lags far behind however. We could give Tincan an automatic 70-30 victory or wipe all Mr Spkr's games from the record and end the tourney now. It's up to you guys, especially the three of you up near the top. The one thing I don't want to do is wait for the Mr. Spkr/Tincan game which has not seen a file exchanged in quite some time. Speak up or forever hold your peace with my decision.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I've been in touch with Mr Spkr and/or his opponents. It appears he will be able to make good progress in three of his four games. His game with Tincan lags far behind however. We could give Tincan an automatic 70-30 victory or wipe all Mr Spkr's games from the record and end the tourney now. It's up to you guys, especially the three of you up near the top. The one thing I don't want to do is wait for the Mr. Spkr/Tincan game which has not seen a file exchanged in quite some time. Speak up or forever hold your peace with my decision.

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

Turns going out tonight now that the month from heck is over.

As to the game with Tincan -- I haven't seen a file from Tincan in ages and ages. Any delay in that particular game is not, to the best of my knowledge, my fault.

Steve