CMBO #50 in PCG's 50 Best games of All Time

Good for CM and BTS!

I thought Panzer General was a great game for its time, even though it was a little hokey in parts. It was FUN! It was the first computer game I ever bought (not counting the Atari 800xl days) and my favorit for a long time. It really showed how computer wargames could be done and set a standard for the future. And Panzer General 2, that was just gorgeous.

Hi,

The only computer games I have ever played, stuck at anyway, are CMBO and Steel Beasts. I will be going for TacOps 4 when it is out. No live internet play in version 3.

Because I lack imagination computer games have to be realistic. My priorities are realism, realism and realism. Armored Task Force is another one to lookout for this autumn. Basically, all the games I go for are either used by the military, such as Steel Beasts, or would be if set in the current era.

On that score, my hope for CMII is that it is set in the current era. The “big three” in terms of settings for wargames, are, in my view, Eastern Front and NW Europe in WW2, plus current day OPFOR games. If Combat Mission is to be rationed, as it is due to the small team, then I feel it would be a waste to set a game in an era outside of the “big three”. Of course, others will differ with this view. We all have our favourites, the “big three” just happen to be mine.

All the best,

Kip.