ETA on CM 1.12?

What about the bug that lets the AI beat me a good percentage of the time. This is very undesirable. This shouldn't be aloowed to happen! I should kick the ever loving crap out of the AI every time. OH WAIT, this isn't Close Combat. Whoops! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madmatt

Griffen, I don't need a save file. I replicated it here but as I said above (other than the ammo still being listed) I believe it might be intended behavior so you can still target/hunt with the MG's.

I am waiting to hear back from Charles to be sure though.

Madmatt

GREAT NEWS!

Thanks

Can't wait

I''m guessing (?) there are game testors analyzing every incident and every circumstance and every degree of unwanted TAC AI hull rotation as we speak (type/write whatever)!

-tom w

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Here is the list for v1.12 improvements and fixes:

* Tanks use better hull-rotation logic.

* Gun accuracy is somewhat higher at long range.

* Firing ordnance while moving is less accurate than before.

* Quick Battles have a new "unrestricted" force type.

* Pillboxes have slightly better 'reaction time' and are slightly less

easier to spot at long range. It is also somewhat harder to hit their

firing slits from longer ranges.

* Smoke usage logic tweaked.

* 20mm gun in Lynx cannot fire on aircraft.

* If both sides have global morale below 25%, a battle will end

immediately with an enforced cease-fire.

* Fixed a bug (introduced in v1.1) where simultaneous cease-fire requests

by both players in play by email could lead to a crash.

* Fixed a bug so that the computer will never place antitank mines in

woods.

* Fixed a bug that made hotseat mutual cease-fires activate one turn

later than they should.

* Fixed a bug that could cause a game previously (partly) played as PBEM,

but subsequently reloaded as TCP/IP to "lose" minefields and barbed wire.

* Fixed a bug that made the TacAI hesitant to give targeting orders to

the rearward-firing Archer.

* Fixed a bug that allowed tungsten rounds to be overly effective against

highly-sloped armor.

* Data changes:

- Sherman Jumbo speed, turret rotation, and some armor values lowered.

Originally posted by Sgt Eagle:

Actually, if there is going to be a CM 1.12, I'd like to see these things:

1. The addition of US Rangers and UK Commandos.

2. The addition of Field Medics, which could "bring back" one or two members of a squad.

3. The addition of a backround tile that would be water, for a D-Day scenario.

BTS, it would be a pleasure if these features were in the next update of CMBO.

1. When they add a rarity function, they could add rangers... not sure rangers would be all that effective given the operations that CM depicts though.

2. A wounded mans ability to fight could not be changed by an on field medic... not in the 30-40 minutes that CM spans anyway.

A field medic is only there to insure that a wounded man will survive long enough to get to a hospital where, if he's lucky, he'll recover fully.

3. That probably couldn't be done based on the engine today. Well..... maybe you could, but you would have to always have the land to on one side of the map. The sky tiles all have horizons to simulate the blurred distant terrain... if you turn that into all water, then you wind up with water behind the Axis as well. If you did a half and half sky, the land would alway wind up on one side with the water on the other... and I don't think you could make it all that convincing.

Joe

------------------

"I had no shoes and I cried, then I met a man who had no socks." - Fred Mertz

Here is the list for v1.12 improvements and fixes:

* Pillboxes have slightly better 'reaction time' and are slightly less

easier to spot at long range. It is also somewhat harder to hit their

firing slits from longer ranges.

* Fixed a bug that allowed tungsten rounds to be overly effective against

highly-sloped armor.

* Data changes:

- Sherman Jumbo speed, turret rotation, and some armor values lowered.

Other examples of BTS's pro-Axis bias...

It would also be nice if you ( BTS ) look at the bug that removes all ammunition of your sharpshooters and flame thrower units when you upgrade an ongoing game.

Any chance to revisit the problem that wooden bunkers are spotted quite easily?

Already mentioned at http://battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/009597.html

------------------

Veni, Vedi, Schuggi

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by -Havermeyer-:

Other examples of BTS's pro-Axis bias...

Rubbish - those are based on a lot of discussion here on the forum and on research by Rexford and his mates, IIRC.

You are nothing but Trollus Vulgaris Havermeyer.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Mikey D

I've been proved wrong! I posted somewhere my opinion that there Couldn't possibly be any more CM1 updates because... well, why the hell WOULD they with CM2 in the works? I underestimated BTS yet again. Thumbs up.

I'm still waiting for PARSOFT, makers of that old flight sim "Hellcats", to bring out the additional scenarios they promised back in 1992!

* 20mm gun in Lynx cannot fire on aircraft.

if anything, it should be "LUCHS" not "LYNX".

Reason: All the other german AFV's have their original german names, the "Nashorn" is not a "Rhino", the Hummel isn't called "Bumble Bee" and the Wespe isn't called "Wasp"...and on and on...

only the Lynx has the english name. Inconsistency.

p.s.: If the Lynx isn't changed to Luchs, I demand that the british "Archer"'s name is changed to "Bogenschütze" in compensation else I take the ugly "Lynx" issue as evidence to the pro-allied bias of BTS.

oh wait....just remembered... and while you're at it, the King Tiger needs to be changed as well. King Tiger is very wrong. "Königstiger" is a subspecies of the Tiger, and the english equivalent would be "Bengal Tiger". "King Tiger" is an invalid literal translation which gives a false impression of the original meaning.

[This message has not been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 02-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by M Hofbauer (edited 02-01-2001).]

Pro-Axis bias? Come on. We've gone around and around on this topic and no one has proven that this is true. The simple truth is that the Germans produced some better tank models than the Allies did, but in far fewer numbers. If you don't like that than you could say there is a pro-Axis bias. I haven't heard many people complaining that there is a pro-Axis bias concerning artillery or infantry.

Also, I hope with this last patch that we will never have to repeat the hull rotation threads again. It was OK the way it was and now hopefully it will be even better and we can put this topic to rest permanently.

[This message has been edited by StellarRat (edited 02-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by StellarRat (edited 02-01-2001).]

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

p.s.: If the Lynx isn't changed to Luchs, I demand that the british "Archer"'s name is changed to "Bogenschütze" in compensation else I take the ugly "Lynx" issue as evidence to the pro-allied bias of BTS.

LOL!

(Funny post... AND I learned something from it.)

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy...

Fear and Bullets."

Originally posted by StellarRat:

Also, I hope with this last patch that we will never have to repeat the hull rotation threads again. It was OK the way it was and now hopefully it will be even better and we can put this topic to rest permanently.

B]

That would be nice, but the new and improved Hull Rotation v1.12 is certain to upset SOMEONE in SOME WAY... I'd bet on it...

I'm happy that the Smoke is fixed/tweaked!

------------------

"Fear is for the enemy...

Fear and Bullets."

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

That would be nice, but the new and improved Hull Rotation v1.12 is certain to upset SOMEONE in SOME WAY... I'd bet on it...

You're right about that one. HA! HA!

"You can please some of the grogs some of the time, but you can't please all the grogs all the time!" smile.gif

I didn't know there was anything wrong with the smoke. I guess I never noticed a problem.

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

You aren't being serious are you?

Are you?

Come on guys. He's obviously poking fun at the folks who have hinted that BTS has a pro-Allied bias (mostly in various threads on German tanks). At least I thought it was obvious...

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

Guest Andrew Hedges

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

if anything, it should be "LUCHS" not "LYNX".

oh wait....just remembered... and while you're at it, the King Tiger needs to be changed as well. King Tiger is very wrong. "Königstiger" is a subspecies of the Tiger, and the english equivalent would be "Bengal Tiger". "King Tiger" is an invalid literal translation which gives a false impression of the original meaning.

I agree with you on lynx/Luchs. If there were a German vehicle translated into English as "fox," I might unterstand BTS's point, however. But I think it's just an oversight.

I disagree with you on Koenigstiger/Bengal Tiger, though. Not because you're wrong about what these animals are, but because I think that King Tiger is a better translation of this name *for a tank.*

Allow me to explain. The British go to India and in the Bengal region of Indian discover a short-haired tiger. They name it the Bengal Tiger because of where they found it. The Germans...or some Germans...go to India and observe the same short-haired tiger. However, the Germans also notice that this species of tiger is the *largest* species of tiger in the world. So they name this species of tiger the Koenigstiger, to denote its large size.

So, anyway, when the Germans named their new tank the Koenigstiger, they chose this name, I believe, not because it referred to a specific species of tiger, but because it referred to the *largest* species of tiger. To preserve this meaning in English, we should translate the term as the "King Tiger," even if this translation is not strictly accurate. It's a "literary" translation that, even if not strictly accurate, better expresses the meaning of the term. Anyway, it's much better than "Royal Tiger." That would be koeniglicher Tiger, which is not even close.

On this Luchs/Lynx issue, I suggested this name change a long time ago (even before the gold demo, I think). If I remember correctly, the reason why they used "Lynx" was that "Luchs" doesn't sound good for english speakers if they try to pronounce it the english way. Oh well, never mind.

Dschugaschwili

I was hoping we might have seen the v1.12 patch yesterday (friday feb 2)

oh Well

I'm still looking forward to it because I think we all know it will be the final kick at the can to get all those final tweaks and bug fixes in.

After which time I have every expectation that they (BTS) will tell us all to go jump in a lake if we do not like some particular aspect of the game because it is now OFFICIALLY finished. Done out the door, on to CM2!

So yes I am looking forward to the finished product! smile.gif

I hope it is being tested right now, for final approval sometime this coming week.

Can anyone tell us officially if v1.12 is being tested by the BTS testers? (those lucky folks outside of the core of the Steve, Charles, MadMatt and Kwazydog who get to play with the latest version and test it before it is released)

Still waiting and wondering?

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 02-03-2001).]