Oh no not my CD :)

I know what you're talking about...

I recently replaced my old CD drive with a DVD drive. The CM disc hadn't left the drive for 15 months... I used my other CD drive for the usual work, but drive d:\ was kind of reserved for CM.

Now, some time after I installed the new drive I wanted to play CM. "NO CD IN DRIVE!"

Damned! Where is the CM disc??? I searched everywhere. OK, everywhere but one place.

Suddenly the knowledge struck me like a tungsten round: the CM CD was STILL in the OLD CD drive!!

:eek:

Thank god the old drive was still sitting in a dark corner under a table... But it wouldn't give me my beloved CM back! I had to use force to wrestle it back from it's teeth...

*** RIP ***

Black Five,

Most CD-ROMS have an Emergency Combat Mission Release Button on the front. It was designed for when your Wife/girl friend dismantles your computer and takes your CD-ROM. The (ECMRB) can be pushed in with a paperclip and it will open your CD tray so you can retrieve your CM CD. Again most CD-ROM/DVDs have this feature but some don’t. Just look at the front of the drive for a little pinhole. If you see one, THAT’S IT! Again stick a paperclip in there and out comes the tray. If you’ve never heard of this, TRUST ME as a fellow Combat Mission community member. I’m not trying to get you to break your CD-ROM, this feature REALLY is there.

Head

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Head Mahone ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Head Mahone:

Black Five,

Most CD-ROMS have an Emergency Combat Mission Release Button on the front. It was designed for when your Wife/girl friend dismantles your computer and takes your CD-ROM.

Head

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Head Mahone ]<hr></blockquote>

Well, this may be true, but I'd suggest the prudent course of burning a backup copy of the CD and locking it in your office filing cabinet, in a safe that only you know the combination of, in an old air raid shelter, or some other secure location.

Head Mahone,

I wondered what that little hole was for. I thought it was a seepage hole when the CD would spin too quickly and work up a sweat.

Try as I might, I couldn't get a paper clip in there. I tried it both ways ...head on and sideways.

BTW, 6 weeks left in the year, whens CMBB coming out?

Commence yelling!

Thanks for all of the tips. Yeah, I had the same toruble with the paperclip. Damn thing just wouldn't fit in there. I tried a clothes pin too but that little hole is just too small. Turns out a pair of pliers and a blow torch did the trick. Thank goodness my CM CDROM is so hardcore...it remembered to wear its falk and Kevlar (Hey it may be a WWII sim but my CD is no fool...it uses the latest and greatest in body armor).