bad luck or kinda' normal?

The scene: 1st turn as Brits, ME, moving to take a small town. Moved a beloved Cromwell up beside a small bldg in first 30 secs, now set up nice and tight waiting for his Pz IV to come down the far road. Sure enough, here he comes, fast as a bat-out-of-H... Cromwell lines up a shot and misses. OK. Pz IV shoots wildly and misses, still coming fast, 300 meters out. Crom misses again, OK, now Pz IV shoots again on the dead run, kills the Crom totally!

Is this just my bad luck, or should I have more respect for a full-speed Pz IV from now on? I understand the luck factor, but if this is a common occurrance I'll have to be more careful.

Shoeman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrcobbler:

The scene: 1st turn as Brits, ME, moving to take a small town. Moved a beloved Cromwell up beside a small bldg in first 30 secs, now set up nice and tight waiting for his Pz IV to come down the far road. Sure enough, here he comes, fast as a bat-out-of-H... Cromwell lines up a shot and misses. OK. Pz IV shoots wildly and misses, still coming fast, 300 meters out. Crom misses again, OK, now Pz IV shoots again on the dead run, kills the Crom totally!

Is this just my bad luck, or should I have more respect for a full-speed Pz IV from now on? I understand the luck factor, but if this is a common occurrance I'll have to be more careful.

Shoeman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way BAD luck I would say

I have been unsually successfull with Allied tanks (especially the M18) shooting on the fly, but have never had any good luck with German tanks while moving fast, I suspect the chance to hit while that Pz IV was moving fast may well been as low as 10% (JUST a guess there), but that still means that one time in ten is will get LUCKY and get a hit. Its chance to hit may have been higher than 10% I don't know, but most of us here would suggest that German tanks don't get good odds while attempting to shoot and hit on the move. I usually play the Allies so my comments are only the result of being on the recieving end of those shots.

Any one here who plays the germans more often care to comment on the chance to get a hit from a Pz IV on a fast move?

-tom w

From my experience, German tanks are kings of the second chance hits, its usually I miss, then they miss, then I miss and then they hit. But this is from a stationary tank, I haven't seen too many German tanks fast moving and shooting.

Gyrene

Any one here who plays the germans more often care to comment on the chance to get a hit from a Pz IV on a fast move?

Now that you mention it....PLaying an idle QB vs AI a few weeks ago and took out 2 differentCromwell 7s in a row at several hundred meters with a fast-moving PZIV.

I thought, hmmmm, possible bug? Nah! (Right?)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Napoleon1944:

Sometimes I think there is a bad luck rule programmed into the software. On occasion, no matter how great you set up or play, you cannot hit an enemy. The more you play the more you will realize it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Some games everything goes my way, sometimes it all seems to go horribly wrong. I have noticed it does seem to even out.