AKoTM v2.0 contd. - post your painful updates and glorious AARs here!

Guest PondScum

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gyrene und labappel. I now have your purchases and will attempt to get them out today at lunch.

My PC is still dead and I may need a new HD :mad:. Oh well, I'll get me a nice one gobs of space and like a 3ms seek time. Hehe.

TexasToast...please send your purchases to my work address. I will NOT get it at the mindspring account.

hguerrero@activision.com

Guest PondScum

Turn 8 of 25... SenorBeef and I are battling over a large village approached by four roads, with each of us controlling two of them. On the first turn my heroic Kubelwagen drivers managed to infiltrate a couple of HMG teams into the middle of town, where they have been having a fine time shooting up his approaching infantry. In the usual game of AFV hide-and-seek, he's currently down a Stuart and a Hellcat, and judging by the scream I think my snipers have bagged another Hellcat commander. Morale is high, except for Obg. Knappe who banged his head running from a Stuart, and everyone is having a fine old time - until the artillery arrives.

That's the spirit Pondscum! The rest of you should take note of Pondscum's manly sitrep...unabashedly revealing 2 HMG teams providing enfilade fire on an approacing colum of troops. Or could this be a clever misinformation sceme intended for Senor Beef? Either way, it serves as a model for the rest of you to follow.

Give me sitreps! Do so now! and win the favor of "The Duke". :D

Guest PondScum

...radio crackles

Glorious troops, pay no attention to the American deceptions about Jumbos! Our experienced sharpshooters have penetrated deep behind enemy lines, and report that only two tanks remain, cowering near their jump-off positions. Six others now lie abandoned and burning on the field of battle, having failed to even scratch the paintwork of our Panzers. We laugh at their gunners and machine-gun their crews.

...announcer puts on respectful and serious voice

Leading from the rear, Hpt Lattmann has nominated himself for a medal for his valiant charge that broke the spirits of an American flank attack. Attention! Anyone caught repeating the vicious rumor that the opposing force was a single bazooka team will be sent to the eastern front.

At the front, special mention must go to Lt Kruhmins, who called down fire on the heads of an American platoon and utterly destroyed it. Mercifully, he has left a single Ami alive, to spread the word of our superior German artillery.

...announcer start shouting

Against this, the American bombardments are mere pinpricks - take heart! STAND FIRM! It is true, we did not realise they had landed gliders on our flanks, and the attack from the woods was unexpected, but our reinforcements hold the line of houses, and WE SHALL PREVAIL.

...announcer really getting into it now

And to boost the morale of our GLORIOUS FORCES, I am now AUTHORIZED to reveal our SECRET WEAPON! Yes! Yes! SEND IN THE FLAMMPANZER!!

strangled cry and thud as announcer gets so excited he falls off chair

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: PondScum ]

mPisi is burning down every building within 300 meters of the VL saving my from having to blow up the same buildings with my King Tigers. :D

I have only caught a glimpse of him so far as we move into turn 11, but if he keeps burning down buildings I'll know where he is through process of elimination. My 88s will simply pulverize anything that's not burning within 300 meters of the VL. It will be awhile before I'm ready to hit him. Those KTs move slow you know. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mPisi:

Treeburst actually does have KTs, the gamey bastich. Oh well, lucky I bought the battalion of 17-pndrs in addition to the battalion of jeeps and battalion of flamethrower teams...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see some pictures when you can without FOW violations. Flames, a man's best friend.

The scenario is mostly (80%) large heavy buildings, especially around the flag. Interspersed with rail lines and road, and a mighty few scattered trees and brush. It's at least a 2000mx2000m map, and there's about 10 squares of real trees on the whole thing. So I got a blue light special on flamethrower men, and am busy eradicating all the the cover in an ever-increaseing ring around the target. Too bad BTS didn't model fire spreading, since many of the buildings are in large 2x4 blocks, and it should look like Dresden right now... I'll think about a screen shot tomorrow when I get back to it.

Hopefully my Churchills can reach the flag in the time limit, since they're even slower than his KTs it seems. However, my chorteling over this devious plan led me to neglect my antitank defences. Who knew he wasn't going to buy a battalion of Volksturm? And don't listen to his protests that he isn't gamey, I saw a Kubelwagen!!

Me and labappel have a large map with a town in the middle and our set up areas surrounding the entire map.

Hopefully we will hook up for TCP/IP this weekend so he can put me and my 600 point deficit out of our misery. smile.gif

Gyrene

Guest PondScum

A little bump to get us back onto the first page. SenorBeef and I are up to turn 18 of 25, and things look terminal for his Amis. Three Hellcats, two Shermans, two HMCs and a Stuart lie shattered on the approach roads, while a ring of my Panzers surround the victory flag, guns pointing outward. In some vicious but ultimately pointless little one-on-one flank actions, two of his bazooka crews tried and failed to get within effective range, and two machine guns are being chased back to Normandy by my mortars. Nearer the center, I estimate that he's got two effective platoons left who aren't dead, routed, or on fire. He keeps mentioning surrender, but in the meantime the gamey bastiche is taking the opportunity to drop ever larger pointy things on my brave Panzergrenadiers. They will be revenged! Nothing less than total victory!

It's a great thing to come back after a busy weekend and find so many updates. Thanks guys.

Gyrene...I am interested to see how your battle goes...do you need me to send an email to labappel? Do you think I will have to get the penalty stick out again? :D You're going to be fighting at a disadvantage from here on out I'm afraid.

mPisi...remember...you are playing King Gamey himself...remember his first battle? 17 Churchills? LoL.

Carry on.