AKoTM v2.0 contd. - post your painful updates and glorious AARs here!

Guest PondScum

Guest PondScum

Ass Kicker of the Month tournament

As requested by the Dukester, I hereby pronounce this thread open - just in time for the quarterfinals...

The old thread can be found here

[ 08-20-2001: Message edited by: PondScum ]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! And here is the bracket.

Quarter finals.

Please see updated bracket for details.

Harpooner

vs------------Treeburst155

Treeburst155

1)

Pacestick

vs------------mPisi

mPisi

====================

Speedy

vs------------Senor Beef

Senor Beef

2)

aaronb

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Gryene

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

3)

labappel

vs------------labappel

Stoffel

====================

Sock Monkey

vs------------Sock Monkey

Mlapanzer

4)

Claymore

vs------------Texas Toast

Texas Toast

====================

And for reference:

LoL...lets see, today is the 3rd O' July thats -600 points as of 7pm Pacific Standard Time when it will be -800 points. 1200 vs 2000 points in a ME will be a challenge to say the least. But imagine the humiliating defeat if it goes sour for labappel? (yeah right)

3 weeks sounds about right for the next Due Date that will not "kick off" until the battles are out. I am still waiting on a couple of purchases (maybe 3, I don't recall) but I will take a look at them tonight when I get home from work. So if the majority of the battles go out tonight, the Due Date would be the 24th.

That is all.

boy recon, have you sent the turn? I have not recieved it if so.

Just had a 8 hour long black out (accidental one, not a rolling black out)

Seems like there's a conspiracy going to keep us from finishing this thing.

Gyrene

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SenorBeef:

I like having a few days to look over the map before commiting to a deployment, if at all possible<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the maps we've got we can already buy units and do a "master plan" of how we want our deployments to be. Then when Duke gets off his butt :D and sends us the real setups, just fire up two instances of CMBO and flip between them, copying the setup plan from one to the other.

Of course, with all the Luftwaffe I've bought to pound you into the dirt, some of us have less to set up than others tongue.gif

On other topics, just what turn have Gyrene and boy_Recon got to? Given that the winner's now going to be going into combat with only 1000pts to spend, I think the goal should be "how many turns can I survive combat with labappel's overwhelming forces before auto-surrender" smile.gif

We're on turn 19 (!) I'm waiting for the turnfrom recon, and like he said, we both ran into a whole lot of Real Life in the last two weeks, and the fact that he's in the UK and I'm in So. Cal doesn't help our situation at all.

sigh.

Almost done.

Gyrene

Attention:

I apologize for not sending out the battles I already have, the reason being is that my personal pc took a dump yesterday. Apparently my HIMEM.sys file has become corrupted and Windows will not start up. So, I am either going to copy a new file into the Win directory or just reinstall Win altogether. But that will take place tonight. So, in the meantime, could you guys that sent me purchases, resend them to my work mailbox and I will attempt to send them out during my lunch.

Thanks guys, and BTW, since I had technical difficulties, I cannot hold that against Speedy Gonzales and Flash over there, so consider the 4th, and most probably 5th of July as no deduction days. smile.gif

That is all.

hguerrero@activision.com

[ 07-05-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

Guest PondScum

Bump. BTS, fix Duke's computer or do somefink!

And do we have a winner in the Gyrene-vs-boy_Recon "come over here and I'll bite your legs off" grudge-match yet?

Hey guys,

I have heard from:

Treeburst155

mPisi

Senor Beef

Pondscum

2 lazy boys are not done yet...Labappel won't be able to pick until they are...Texas Toast is gone until who knows when... :rolleyes: What a clusterfu(k eh? smile.gif

Oh well...I guess we wait some more. In the mean time, I have just completed playtesting and fine tuning a new operation and am wondering if any of you would like to try it out? It is Historical and is called, Counterattack at Sarrebourg.

Let me know.

Out.

Guest PondScum

Awww, go on Duke, send out the two battles you've already got, we're dying of boredom here... TexasToast should be back this weekend anyway, and it's not like labappel's gonna need very long to finish off Speedy or Flash!

Plus the sooner we get our battles, the sooner the losers will have lots of free time to test your op :D

Iron Duke, boy_recon said he was throwing in the towel and had sent you an email to that effect, I received his file with the surrender orders, that was yesterday morning my time (7-5 PST)

I haven't heard from him since, maybe he's having email problems, as I received a file from him a day late after it finally showed up from cyberspace.

This is not the way I wanted to move to the next round, but it looks like that's the way it is.

Gyrene

Gryene...LoL...great news my man. Welcome...better late than never eh?

Ok, please get in contact with labappel ASAP and determine who gets what side and get me your purchases. You will have to fight with 1400 points because you lost 3 days worth. :(

For the rest of you...I will go ahead and start it up with 3 of the 4 battles. Hold on just a little longer.

Out.

P.S. And try my OP! :mad: :D