why one does not become a stewart crew member

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, hey, theres my JagdTiger wink.gif I was wondering if anyone was using it just the other day.

Looks like the M5 is toast!

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 01-16-2001).]

That pic reminds me of a ww2 story I once read. Apparently an m8 greyhound rounded a corner in a village and right in front of it was a tiger. The crew cucked the thing in reverse in a vain attempt to aviod being destroyed. Howeva the gunner decided he might as well fire off the 37mm round in the chamber since they were pointed directly at the tiger at short distance... the 37mm shell went straight up the tigers 88mm barrel, exploded and knocked the tank out.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

need i say more?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops!

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diceman:

Nice building mod. Which one is it, and where do you get it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's.....it's......I forget. Got it at Kump's

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Shadow 1st Hussars,

Your picture reminds me of a story I got from my dad. He got it from a guy who was there. It concerned an encounter between a Jadgtiger in a village and a bunch of Shermans. Radio traffic went something like this as the Shermans came around the corner, encountered the leviathan and frantically began backing up:

"Shoot 'im in the tracks!"

Each radio outburst was much higher in pitch and volume than its predecessor.

Now, to a small but important admin matter. Sir, you have inadvertently maligned one of the great cavalry commanders of all time by calling J.E.B. Stuart's namesake a "stewart." The tank in question has no connection whatsoever to the English royal house of Stewart whose name you mistakenly used in labeling your post. J.E.B. Stuart was a brilliant and audacious cavalry commander who fought for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War.

Thought you should know.

Regards,

John Kettler

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Hehe, hey, theres my JagdTiger wink.gif I was wondering if anyone was using it just the other day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well since it's the ONLY hi-res JgTiger available, why wouldn't people use it? That is those people who aren't afraid of hi-res mods. rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horncastle:

Where can I get those decent looking building mods that are in the background??

Cheers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

decent? bah. their atleast damn good wink.gif

grab 'em at kumps. I suggest you do it quick.....might not be there soon

------------------

No bastard has ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Now, to a small but important admin matter. Sir, you have inadvertently maligned one of the great cavalry commanders of all time by calling J.E.B. Stuart's namesake a "stewart." The tank in question has no connection whatsoever to the English royal house of Stewart whose name you mistakenly used in labeling your post. J.E.B. Stuart was a brilliant and audacious cavalry commander who fought for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did....oh crap I did. Damn. Note to self: Pay attention to what you right..er..write

------------------

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Now, to a small but important admin matter. Sir, you have inadvertently maligned one of the great cavalry commanders of all time by calling J.E.B. Stuart's namesake a "stewart." The tank in question has no connection whatsoever to the English royal house of Stewart whose name you mistakenly used in labeling your post. J.E.B. Stuart was a brilliant and audacious cavalry commander who fought for the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC the Pommies called the tank 'Honey'. Wouldn't do to name it after some colonial rabble, err, rebel-leader, now would it? biggrin.gif

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Rex_Bellator

Erm, I'm sure that it was Charles Stuart (Charles I) who was shortened by a head courtesy of Mr Cromwell. In my dim past I remember the history lessons on the Tudors and Stuarts - never Stewarts. I tmay be a good job that I never took the exams if I'm wrong...

------------------

"We're not here to take it - We're here to give it"

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"

Actually if I was in Stuart and had to face a JagdTiger then really close in is probably the safest place to be, training that 128mm gun with a fixed turret must be really slow.

And as to the British not naming tanks after rebels what about the "Lee" and the "Cromwell". Wasn't "honey" a nickname for the Stuart as it was a real "Honey" to drive.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Pike:

And as to the British not naming tanks after rebels what about the "Lee" and the "Cromwell". Wasn't "honey" a nickname for the Stuart as it was a real "Honey" to drive. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The UK version of the 'Lee' was called (in a nice twist of irony) 'Grant'. It had a different turret structure. Cromwell is not really regarded as a revolutionary around here I feel. Every day I have to pass a statue of the B*stard standing in front of the House of Commons.

No idea where the name 'Honey' came from. Maybe because it was so cute?

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Horncastle:

Old Mr Magua certainly doesnt need his eyes testing, I must say those buildings are bloody excellent! Love it, cheers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're not the original Doors and windows though, they're headcount's.

------------------