For those MG34/42-philes

E-Bay is blocking access to that item. I get the following message:

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies

and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from

accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we

hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

It must be because I live in Kalifornia. :rolleyes:

weird, I live in Kalifornia too. Sometimes some IP addresses resolve (not resolve in the DNS way, but in the locality way) to foreign countries even when they are local. We have a block of IP addresses assigned to us that everyone thought were in Beirut, Lebanon. So we could never download some of heavier encryption packages. I think this is the same thing that is going on here.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Don't let the thought police find out that there are PICTURES OF AUTOMATIC WEAPONS IN COMBAT MISSION!!!!

They might force you to replace the Thompson BMP with a fuzzy bunny graphic. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the objectional material may be that it is a "nazi" weapon, not because it is an auto weapon...

although since it was used by germany not just nazis i don't get why it is blocked either

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skipper:

> the objectional material may be that it is

> a "nazi" weapon

lol... was it an NSDAP member?

I hate political correctness.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe but some countries that were invaded by germany tend to dislike stuff that "glorifies" the nazis...go figure...although they may go overboard, as in this case... smile.gif

It's not blocked for me. Hmmm...strange. No reason why it would be blocked for being associated with Nazi's. Ebay allows Nazi paraphanelia (sp?), but you have to put a warning on it about being illegal to be sold to Germany, France, and Austria.

By the way...I can't find the spell check option! Where is it?

Works for me but I understand why it doesn't work in some countries. Anything german and ww2 related is carefully watched due to some jew pressure groups suing companies like yahoo for offering ww2 memorabilia.