Another new Gunnergoz grass set on preview

Hello fellow grogs,

It's time for another grass to grace our battlefields. I have another series ready for release which is called fieldgrass dark.

You can preview 10 new snaps at: http://photos.lycos.com/PhotoCShare/PhotoAlbum.asp?CG=rlqjer622dt4rf9pb7c82bon4s&AID=239707

They are on the 2nd page listed as "FD 1" through "FD 15" although some numbers in the series are not present.

The grass works well with my previously released "shadow" tree bases, water and marsh.

Here's a tease:

FD%2011.jpg

If sufficient interest is there, I'll upload the files to DerKessel. Hope you enjoy! :D

gunnergoz,

Please reduce your screenshots. A 740K pic takes FOREVER to load on 56K modems.

Change the compression ratio on your jpeg saver if nothing else.

I have mine set at about 75-80% quality and it reduces them very well yet maintaining picture quality.

I just saved it at 85% quality it it reduced it to 420K. You can also shave off some size if you just do a selection and make a new image. By just cutting off the tool bar at the bottom, reduces it to 377K at 85% quality

I also noticed you play in 1280x1024 resolution. You can also change the dimensions as you would when making hi-res mods and such. I reduced it down to 80% original size and it brought it down to 379K.

So you can see, it can make a big difference.

Maximus, you be quiet. We are not going to let you hold back the rest of the class because you are too cheap to get a REAL ISP!

Gunnergoz, I love the big pics, please make them bigger if you would be so kind.. A nice 1600 X 1200 shot

OK guys, the new fieldgrass dark has been uploaded to DerKessel and Mensch should have it on line fairly soon.

FYI, my screen snaps include buildings by Magua from his Normandy set; rough and straight road, trees from same (Magua is a TRUE ARTIST!)

I couldn't tell you where the AFV mods come from, I have too many and swap them all the time...

My tree bases, water, swamp, bush, bocage are all available at DerKessel.

Enjoy! :D

BTW, I'm always looking for good hi-res .jpg images of terrain landscapes, grass fields, meadows, trees, etc. Hint, hint...