Gas warfare exists in CM!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The screeshot clearly show a burning vehicle, with vehicle textures turned off... (Shift-V)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not for sure

it can be that those 81mm set some vehicle on fire which has been previously unspotted. in this case you see smoke but don't see vehicle itself

When I played a scenario with my friend. I destroyed a truck with an artillery barrage out of sight of any of my units, I saw the pillar of smoke but did not see the wreck until well into the battle when I snuck a platoon up to the position. Then POOF!! the truck magically appeared under the smoke. I think it's kind of a neat twist to the game.

Nedlam

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nedlam:

When I played a scenario with my friend. I destroyed a truck with an artillery barrage out of sight of any of my units, I saw the pillar of smoke but did not see the wreck until well into the battle when I snuck a platoon up to the position. Then POOF!! the truck magically appeared under the smoke. I think it's kind of a neat twist to the game.

Nedlam<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hit a kubelwagon parked behind a house with an artillery barrage (8-inch howitzers)

and it burned but until I had troops on the scene, there was nothing under the pillar of smoke.

No I'm not being tricky it was real, the vehicle textures were on. It drove me crazy cause I had to finish the game before I could see what I took out with my lucky mortars.

It turned out to only be a half track but it made for a funny image.

Scipio, you are making fun of the last CM non-mod purists :D This won't be a very popular statement but I don't understand all the fuss with mods????

They don't change the strategy any and my Shermans burn just as easily and my troops die fine on the original grass and texutres.... :D Oh well, guess I 'm weird.

Otto