Will CM2 have Italians?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>"Nations included are the Soviet Union, Germany, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Poland, and Partisans."

Charles Moylan's quote on which nationalities would be represented in CM2, from the GameSpot interview<hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Grisha:

"Nations included are the Soviet Union, Germany, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Poland, and Partisans."

Charles Moylan's quote on which nationalities would be represented in CM2, from the GameSpot interview <hr></blockquote>

I stand corrected.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

I was told as a lad that in the Italians put their gearboxes in backwards so they could 'redeploy' faster. I trust my leg was getting pulled?<hr></blockquote>

Let's just call it exaggerating for effect. I think that by and large the average Italian soldier (though there were exceptions) had a shrewder estimation of his nation's chances in the war than his leadership. Therefore, he saw a long sojourn in a prison camp as reasonable alternative to getting killed or maimed in combat. Too bad more of his Axis comrades failed to share in that realism.

Michael