Blood in CM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mg42 gunner:

im tired of ...the game without any gory result. I need some gory satisfaction... blood mod plz... flying people mods...me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What follows ought to be rather gory, i should think. Perhaps you might find time to scamper down to your local sporting goods store to purchase a gas mask.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Ahh!! I missed this the last time as the topic

doesn't interest me. But good old redfaced

shouting is always in.

Anyway, I could use the blood and body pieces

flying in the air. Would add immersion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tut tut...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Hey Fieldmarshal, do direct me to that thread. Ive been trying to dig it up and find out what did happen to one of my favorite mod artists. Any and all help will be appreciated on this matter.

Besides, it might englighten this guy here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Tiger left, I spoke a few times on that thread, I believ it was the father of the recent flamers...It resulted in Tiger amscra-ing and sent a decree to Manx to take down all of his mods, (which ended in failure thank god..) but when the search is finished, I will put up a link to that thread...

mg42, having the clutter of war, dead bodies and such, on the map will greatly slow down the game. Each represents polygons and requires processor power. I do like a clutter battle but not at the expense of a slower game.

MikeT

I want a mod that shows a MG team, each member individually modeled, running out of 3-D rubble, dodging French civilians, livestock and a barrage of WP rounds, thru a smoke screen that is being dissipated by a stiff breeze, silhouetted by lightning flashes and the occasional flare, only to disintegrate in a cloud of blood and guts after getting hit by a skipping shell from a tank that was covering a fascine operation.

Some ketchup on your screen might do the trick. Wait, better go for BBQ-sauce (to add these little gory bits of whatever they put into it).

No, wait, I've got it : PIZZA (muffled sound of calzone hitting the monitor) !! Or any italian food, for that matter. And the olive oil does wonders for your cholesterine, too.

I'll opt for vegetarian games, though...

Joerg

(Sory, didn't mean to offend anyone, but for me the fun is in making plans and seeing them fail :eek:, not simulated blood and body parts. Besides, your imagination could provide you with more of that than any game engine ever could)

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: Joerg ]

Get the November issue of PCGamer when it comes out. Jedi Outcast is previewed and there's a nice shot of a stormtrooper's arm going airborne after getting tagged by a lightsaber.

Mom must be asleep already tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cos:

Get the November issue of PCGamer when it comes out. Jedi Outcast is previewed and there's a nice shot of a stormtrooper's arm going airborne after getting tagged by a lightsaber.

Mom must be asleep already tonight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ironically enough, that game doesn't have any blood either. The developers didn't feel it was necessary and would just disgust some potential audience.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mg42 gunner:

Hey guys im tired of shooting infantry in the game without any gory result. I need some gory satisfaction for my work of killing infantry with my machine guns. blood mod plz also if there are flying people mods direct me 2 them. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh! Suddenly it's 1999! Early 1999...

:eek:

Michael

mg42gunner,

As you can no doubt tell from the varied responses this is a rather "old" topic and one in which has been gone over many times in the past. Our position is pretty simple, while this is indeed a war game we find no need to glorify the death and chaos persistent on the battlefield anymore than has already been done. We will NOT ever be showing blood and guts in this game, as it simply serves no purpose.

Madmatt