Sort of Goofy, but interesting... WWII radio station

Found this WWII music and propaganda station while wandering around the web today..

Now I believe you may have to use Winamp to hear it. Winamp is a free download.

the address is 198.76.133.133:8000

Can also find it on the winamp web site.

www.winamp.com

For example: right now a speech by Mussolini is on. Kind of interesting. Oh, and they seem to cover both sides of the war effort. A nice song making fun of Aldolf just went off.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 01-08-2001).]

Enya... nope, sadly they do not.

Thats why it is important to have your own Enya cd's avalible.

By the way Stuka, I must recomend Altan if you can find them. Very nice Irish band.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

I am glad you fellows seem to be enjoying it.

I guess being a slack arsed web surfing Cess-poolers pays off sometimes.

I found this site a couple hours ago. Due to selfessness...er... research I listened and waited a while to see if it was worth posting.

Whats odd is we have been listining to it at work now for several hours. I guess that is a benifit of being in the IT dept. and surrounded by geeks.

Lorak

------------------

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Thanks for sharing this Lorak.

Did someone say Enya? I hope you weren't kidding 'cause I actually copied my Enya CD's to my hard drive so that I wouldn't have to switch out the CM CD... sad ain't it?

Now I think I will look for this Alta group... BTW another interesting group I have come across is Adiemus, some very nice vocal work.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

And may I reiterate by saying WOW

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Man, if that's your definition of goofy.....

Simply incredible!!

The website is equally impressive -- check out the "historical documents" archive.

http://www.horrido.org/radio.php3

There's a fascinating PDF of a German booklet called "Panzerknacker" -- supposedly it's about infantry engaging armour. Anybody wanna translate this? From the artwork, it seems to cover mines, demo charges, and 'schrecks. The original document was apparently 23 pages long.

[This message has been edited by sbg2112 (edited 01-08-2001).]