Sort of Goofy, but interesting... WWII radio station

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

I hate to be a pest Mr.Lorak but do you know any of the song names by Alta? My queries keep returning some kind of heavy metal band... any help would be apreciated. smile.gif

And again wow that site is awesome!

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

This is pretty neat!

Too bad my modem connection speed is not sufficient enough to keep it running smoothly. Winamp keeps "buffering" it every few minutes.

And what's with the song suddently switching to speeches, to broadcasts without either finishing? Is it supposed to be like this?

Oh yeah, and I wish I could understand what that German fellow was saying. All I understood was "infantrie" and "Smolensk" smile.gif

Realplayer also works to listen to it. Great find.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Awesome SITE!!! What can I say, it adds something to the game in a way.

Also, I thought I was the only one who listened to Enya....damn proud to see I am not!

Her latest is great and I will check on that other band now....thanks again!

Thanks Lorak, Altan does seem to thus far have some nice stuff, thanks for the heads up.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

Stuka, just go to http://horrido.org/radio.php3

You'll want a streaming MP3 player like Winamp.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, guys.

I'll try to translate that Panzerknacker booklet as I get time. Cool stuff about close infantry assault techniques against tanks.

------------------

To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. --Marcus Aurelius

[This message has been edited by Gremlin (edited 01-09-2001).]

I just thought I would bump this excellent find back to the top.

------------------

I've translated about half the infantry tank busting field manual/booklet found at that radio site. I'll post the whole translation when I finish it, for those who are interested.

Interestingly, it recommends using the dreaded smoke grenade against tanks during close assaults. That of course doesn't prove extensive use of that tactic, and the booklet is somewhat geared towards the Ostfront, but it is a primary German military document advising that tactic. BTS may want to have a look smile.gif

------------------

To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. --Marcus Aurelius

Yes.. I know It is sad when you bumb your own thread. But I just find this really interesting.

The first address I gave does seems like it might change.

So as others have found it is better to go to the web page:

http://horrido.org/radio.php3

and connect from there.

This radio station is also on:

live365.org also.

just do a search on JG52.

TTFN

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 01-09-2001).]

Guest aka PanzerLeader

This radio station looks very interesting, but I have Winamp and have trouble listening to it...I have a 56k Modem and the latest version of Winamp but almost every minute the broadcast stops, Winamp "reloads" and then it starts again. After a few reloads like that Winamp completely stops to play the music...I am a complete Winamp newbie BTW.

And is it normal that the only thing I get to hear is American music from WW2? Is it a different station if u want to listen to German broadcasts?

Any help appreciated smile.gif and sorry for my apalling ignorance redface.gif

Umm, Panzerleader.

Not really positive what might be causing that. It might be your connection speed. Or you just got a hold of a bad connection. Do you have problems listening to any other web broadcast with winamp?

As for the sites content. It is a big buffet, The german, Japan, american, ect... broadcast are all there on the same station.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX

and for Kitty's sake

=^..^=

I had some trouble with this too. I got it to work by going to the bottom left link - 24/7 stream and opening the file from its current location. There is a large buffer to wait through. It is much easier if you use IE. With Netscape I get an ftp address to go to instead of an automatic download.