What has been your experience with the End Game Randomizer?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Is this a feature of the game itself that I've not seen, or a custom-crafted way of playing I missed?

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is a program you can download and use to make the final turn random. It helps eliminate the final turn flag rush that many of us hate so much. Basically you don't know which turn is the last one until you play it.

As for Louie's questions I can't answer them as I haven't used it yet. Where can we get this from?

Yep - I'm in the original Winecape Tourney and am using it for all games. I have finished 5 so far using it and it's fine.

It takes some getting used to how it works - and there's been some confusion with people who do not have it as to what has to be done, but that was sorted out fairly easily.

So:

1/ Yes.

2/ Yes.

3/No - I'd be surprised if anyone has any - after all all it does is tell you to both request a ceasefire next turn!

I wouldn't play a QB without the BER. It really adds to the game. It can drive you nuts too, when you're trying to hold VLs. What it does is cause the flag rushes to occur earlier. How early depends on how you set the BER. I like +/- 4 turns. The flags still tend to get rushed, but they then have to be held.

I've not used the BER for canned scenarios, although there are some I have played where I wish I had used it. Try it. You'll like it!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I wouldn't play a QB without the BER. It really adds to the game. It can drive you nuts too, when you're trying to hold VLs. What it does is cause the flag rushes to occur earlier. How early depends on how you set the BER. I like +/- 4 turns. The flags still tend to get rushed, but they then have to be held.

I've not used the BER for canned scenarios, although there are some I have played where I wish I had used it. Try it. You'll like it!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I concur... a really neat feature, and worth the puny download time.