Expert Attacking!!! Tips!!!

I find that using all your forces together works great. People have a tendancy to leave behind their machine guns and 60mm's because they are too slow. If you advance with them all and set up good firing positions with your infantry, mortars, and 60's you can really wipe out enemy infantry. Dont forget to carefully move up armor with your infantry incase those pesky germans have heavy tanks or even medium tanks. I just played a battle in which the AI bought six 20mm flak cannans. Scared the hell out of me when I saw six sounds contacts of anti-tank guns. Anyway, I have not yet lost an assault or a defense. Im looking forward to playing a real man, or women (im not sexest). However, I dont want to play people on maps they have already played, that would not be fair. It must be a neutral map. I signed up at band of brothers and for the upcoming newbie tournament. Im looking forward to some fun guys. And when I win, I'll throw your snyied comments back at you. Good night gentlemen. :cool:

An expert who's never played another person? I guess about 6,999 of the 7,000+ people on the fourm must also be experts if that isn't necessary to become an expert.

"People have a tendancy to leave behind their machine guns and 60mm's because they are too slow." How do you know what other people do or don't do if you've never even PBEMed with a lousy player like Dorosh or Slappy?

They don't teach you how to spell "cannons" correctly at Harvard? Every day now I feel better about going to Fort Lewis where I can get an ivy league education for a tenth the cost.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Every day now I feel better about going to Fort Lewis where I can get an ivy league education for a tenth the cost.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]<hr></blockquote>

Pshaw! I don't know about that. I believe the cost part, but the other...Still, at least you won't turn out to be a reality starved liberal out of touch with how the real world works.

Don't worry Gustav, no matter how you turn out, to me you'll always be the same fish-gutting sea dog who I first fell in love with so many years ago...

*GASP* "Uh-oh. Did I type that or just think it? Oh god..."

Edited because I was laughing my ass off too hard to type right-if THIS doesn't get me challenged to a game NOTHING will smile.gif

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]</p>

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm already playing more games than I usually do, so I'm not interested in one right now, unless I get the opportunity to beat on CombatGeneral for awhile.

I don't gut the fish, I catch them. Cannery workers gut them. Calling me a fish gutter is like calling a manager of a McDonalds a burger flipper.

Besides, next week is finals week, and after that I'll be going home for three weeks, and I won't be able to play CM during that time. As soon as one of my PBEMs finishes, you're next on the list.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: 109 Gustav ]</p>

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I don't gut the fish, I catch them. Cannery workers gut them. Calling me a fish gutter is like calling a manager of a McDonalds a burger flipper.

Pffft! Semantics.

Besides, next week is finals week, and after that I'll be going home for three weeks, and I won't be able to play CM during that time. As soon as one of my PBEMs finishes, you're next on the list.

playing people is the way to go, thats all i do is play humans, i played the ai once just to get a feel for the game. this game is funnest againdt other people in my opinion. as far as once fool proof tactic, i.e massing forces, well it won't always work, you need to take a look at the map first, even better is if you can figure out what your opponent is going to do or will want to do. :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Combat General,

Concentration of force is a basic skill, and even the best players can get stuffed with it, for example when they have a tank bogged down or a lucky hit on a pltoon by artillery.<hr></blockquote>

yes, 'mass and not driblets!' or somefink...

...until you start getting shelled... then driblets sound pretty good...

andy

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cos:

Hey CombatGeneral, you'll need to give your e-mail address to finish the new member sign-in process at Band of Brothers.<hr></blockquote>

to the uninitiated it would seem that CombatGeneral's superior l33t tactical skills left him at the first basic phase of a PBEM battle, called "establishing email contact".

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CombatGeneral:

I signed up at band of brothers <hr></blockquote>

No you didn't. You didn't specify your name or your email address. The BoB club is one of the best places on the net to meet and play people. But it's also a place to get to know other people and form friendships. Thus the name, a Band of Brothers. It's hard to develop a friendship with someone that won't divulge their name and it's impossible to play you without your email address. If you do join, lose the holier than thou attitude, whether it's warranted or not. No one likes an arrogant prick.

My real name. Jeff Abbott

Gee Juardis, I must be getting old. Didn't catch he hadn't provided his name either.

Was sorta looking forward to his first challenge there and the AAR afterwards.

As my fellow brother did, my real name CombatGeneral is Michael Cosgrove.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cos:

Was sorta looking forward to his first challenge there and the AAR afterwards.

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, me too. But I'm an average player. I was hoping one of you top guys could school him ;) Then again, I might have to throw myself into the abyss if he turns out to be the top guy.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by joeski:

I bet's everyone at that fancy BOB is a CM tough guy! You think your so cool with your bath taking and teeth having. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

I must now kill your tigers and jadgpanthers hiding in the fog with my Daimler. No, not the dead Daimler, the other one. Then we'll see about that bath. Muahahahahaha!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

does the name 'gunny bunny' ring a bell with anyone? remember those kids in high school that would talk big and then they had nothing to show for it . . .<hr></blockquote>

There is a gunny bunny at the BoB as well. Our friend gunny has recorded one game. Not sure if he's still playing or not.