Would CMBO & CMBB run on WinXP?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

Latest Build of XP, with an nvidia card, I get the problems, with an ati card, no problems.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had the same problems with nVidia (a Leadtek WinFast GeForce SDR) running CM on a Win2K system, no matter what drivers I used. Windows ME seems to run it just fine.

But that's just Win2K.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

I've had the same problems with nVidia (a Leadtek WinFast GeForce SDR) running CM on a Win2K system, no matter what drivers I used. Windows ME seems to run it just fine.

But that's just Win2K.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try the much older 3.68 version drivers. Many people have loaded those and all there W2K problems with Nvidea cards have gone away. Note: this MAY only effect TNT based cards and not GeForces. But its worth a try.

This site has a nice collection of drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/download/nvidia.shtml

Madmatt

Thanks MadMatt and wwb_99, the drivers MadMatt mentioned worked insofar as there were no corrupted graphics (some shade of white becomes transparent) but it could easily turn into a slideshow. And that is not why you paid for a 32mb graphics accelerator...

I also would recommend against going from Win9x-ME to Win2K if you want to play games and have a system similar to this:

AMD Athlon 700

FIC (I believe) motherboard

Leadtek Winfast Geforce SDR 256 AGP

SB LIVE!

At least it has not worked very well for me.

I've had tons of corrupt files (ask my opponents) when CM creates the file to send.

Graphics has been choppy all along.

I will not go back to W2K now but thanks for those links anyway, they will come in handy just the same.

Eh, right, back to you Paw...

If you do by chance use a Geforce2 GO powered laptop then stop by http://www.3dchipset.com/beta/nvidia/gf2go/index.html and download the latest modified Detonators. The WinME/12.90 version is a lot faster then the 7.83 from Dell. Haven't tried the Win2K version yet.

Anyone tried sending feedback to NVIDIA? I remember a bunch of people complained about interface corruption in Asheron's Call using Win2K drivers and it was fixed a couple of releases later.

On another game, MechCommander 2, there is a large problem with crashes with that setup.

Via Chipset and nVida card. One guy withthe Ares customer service people tracked it down the way AGP slot is talking to the card or something. Apperently Via says that W2K has their drivers already in it, which it does but a basic version.

Anyway. The forum is www.dropshipcommand.com and click on "primary comms". In the MC2 thread there is a guy called NetRanger that chased this down. Might be worth looking over, and I'll try to find his exact, "groggy" post.

EDITED PART:

Here is the post that this gentleman placed.

Lets start positive withthe good news.

I have narrowed down the Via problem with a tech and it seeme to be comming in to play via the bridge between the AGP port and the chipset. We are talking now so more later.

-and-

well more precicely the interaction between the chipset and the AGP. Aopen had a problem like this a year or so ago and just posted new drivers to fix it.

If he finds out more I'll let you know.

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Wildman ]

FOR ALL WIN2K NVIDIA GFORCE USERS!!!!

I have a GFORCE II 64 MB Hercules Prohet card in my WIN2K NTFS system. CMBO will have no problems as long as your drivers allow you to "FORCE ANTALIASING ON ALL PROGRAMS". I am currently using the Hercules 5.22 drivers as follow up drivers have not had this ability from Hercules or the Detonator drivers that I have seen (have not checked recently). Hope this helps.