Tired of the bland-looking Allied Trucks? We have a solution. Pics included inside

Yesterday evening, after some correspondance with a CM'er in need of a wooden bunker mod (before Pud's was seen), I received a mod from the very same fellow in need. Rick Klein was his name.

He has created a very nice Allied Truck with hints of both Tiger's and Marco's pallete. He had only sent me the Commonwealth version, but through some file renaming and the addition of some American Stars that I "borrowed" from one of Marco's Sherman textures. I, (we), have created this....

EDIT: Refer to 2nd picture (not the Coca-Cola one) tongue.gif below for final version.

Note the wooden plank look around the bed railings. Very interesting indeed.

With this mod, you'll be proud to purchase a truck or two now. ;)

[ 05-04-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Haven't tried a Winter version yet. Probably won't though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still use my Coca-Cola truck. It's neat.

Let me just clarify a bit.

Rick Klein did the mod. I just added the stars to the US version. Actually he just sent me the files for the UK version. The UK version is 4420-4426, the US version is 3280-3286.

Alex asks who this guy is. Well a day or two ago there was a thread from "Klink" (Rick Klein) asking for the link to Mike Duplessis's log bunker. I couldn't find it either. So I just emailed it to him. He sent me back this truck mod. So there ya go.

[ 05-03-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

What's up with the octagonal tires?

Neat effect!

tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah thats how all CM weels look on Vehicals and guns or did you miss them?

I sent Maximus the final touches! I hope he can upload it for you guys soon. I enhanced the side vents, and reworked the upper wood slats. Maximus did a really nice job with the truck bed and rear. This was a good team effort. He mentioned he was doing a desert version, I'm sure it will look great.

Klink :cool:

Maximus,

This is a bit offtopic, but I simply must know where you got those ultra-detailed US uniforms! They look great (and it would be nice if the same guy that made them also created German versions!)

Can you tell me of the site which carries these? Thanks in advance.

BTW - I like the truck mod. The seats in the back are especially well done IMHO.

Commisar those are DD's Summer uniforms they can be found at CMHQ.

Nice work on the truck guys looks much better than what I was using. Can't wait!

Mord

OK, you mod sluts. I have finished tghe mod. I've added some insignia and sharpened up the wood slats a bit.

So for all your mod slutness, hang onto your balls and get your "woody" right here, er... um...Manx's site. (On the way as soon as I make this post.)

Did we mention that it is HI-RES????

View?u=1304730&a=9683026&p=47877034&Sequence=0&res=high

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

Nice looking mod but are you sure it's hi-res? The textures look a bit blurry and there's some pixelization in places. maybe it's just the screenshot?

-John<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes John, ;) the mod is Hi-Res. We used Pud's wood texture from his new Bunker to do the slats. But there is one slight anonomoly with the mod. The textures don't quite line up with the 3D mesh along the bed side's green support poles. Apparently that wasn't apparent in the low-res versions, but in hi-res it is. But it's only noticable when looked at closely.

Just curious John, what kind of video card are you running? Voodoo?