AKoTM Version 2.0 !!! CONTINUE ALL UPDATES & AAR's HERE!

Me and Boy Recon are not getting done on time.

We did most of it TCP/IP this weekend, but he had to stop due to Real Life, so we're stuck at turn 16, and I haven't heard from him in since the last turn yesterday.

We're doomed! <snif>

Gyrene

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AAR for Mine and sock Monkeys game will be forth coming very shortly. I'm waiting for the final turn right now. Unless something drasic happens though it will be a Draw since the last stat was 50/50. :mad:

------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain.

WOW ! WOW ! WOW! another draw. :mad: . The final score was Sock monkey 49 Mlapanzer 41. He got it so the VF was in ? But if it could have gone a few more turns I think I would have prevailed. His one Panther close to the VF had a damaged gun and one remaining Jumbo had him in his sights. His KT was surrounded by my infantry and a zook had him in his sight from the flank and I ahd infantry close by with Gammon bombs.

Sock used his armor very well and I kept trying to get flanks on him but every time I did he killed my flanking Hellcats. His one Panther was really Uber. I must have bounced 15 shots off of him without any serious damage. My Bronze star goes to my jeep MG unit which killed a Puma and several infantry units plus kept his KT and Panther buttoned up and distracted them from their duties. All in all a great game. and lets get it on ASAP with the tie-breaker. I'll buy 50 Jeep-MG's :D:D:D

-----

Hehe, this was the closest, most intense game of CM I've ever played and I'd like to thank Mlapanzer for a great match before I make die, die, die in the tiebreaker! It was a classic mismatch -- he had too much infantry for me to deal with and I had too much armor for him to get a handle on. I noticed this quote in the AKoTM rules:

All units are "free for all"...meaning if you want to buy 8 KT's or 8 76 Jumbos, do so. Even though this sounds "bad", experience tells us that hardly any KT's or Jumbos will ever see any action. A few certainly, but for the most part Mk IV's and M4's will be purchased.

LOL! The map was riddled with those very units :D It was the first time I ever got to play with a KT and, eh, maybe it's over-rated. Mlapanzer did a great job resisting my very, very gamey last turn tank rush and I agree -- turn 21 would have been very painful. tongue.gif

Jesus...never has 1 round gone so long.

Ok, luckily for some of you, Spank Monkey and Mypantshurt had a tie. I will entend the Due Date till the end of the month since that is so near now. :rolleyes:

Please, please get all the battles done by then.

Out.

"Player picks" wins one as mPisi defeats Pacestick, Allied Minor victory. The flag was contested at the end but Pacestick had taken many more casualties (203 vs 133), and lost 8 vehicles to my 2 Hellcats and a Jumbo (damn Pzfst-100!). I thank the Duke for setting up one Axis setup area with big areas of open ground, bounded by woods in the Allied setup for me to put AT guns in. One 76mm AT accounted for a StuG, JpzIV/70, and PzIV from ambush before being destroyed by artillery... Good game, Pacestick!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I thank the Duke for setting up one Axis setup area with big areas of open ground, bounded by woods in the Allied setup for me to put AT guns in.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I planned that one out :rolleyes:

Congratulations to mPisi on a hard won fight. wElcome tO tHe qUarter fInals mPisi! :D

Please see updated bracket for details.

Harpooner

vs------------Treeburst155

Treeburst155

1)

Pacestick

vs------------mPisi

mPisi

====================

Speedy

vs------------Senor Beef

Senor Beef

2)

aaronb

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Gryene

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

3)

labappel

vs------------labappel

Stoffel

====================

Sock Monkey

vs------------Winner

Mlapanzer

4)

Claymore

vs------------Texas Toast

Texas Toast

====================

I'm not changing my vote, I still vote player picks, but IF it turns out to be duke picks, I have a suggestion:

Both sides, BEFORE picking who has which side, must agree that the units selected are fair. That way no one can get screwed with 'my units sucked, I lost from the start'.. because they agreed that it was a fair game for either side.

Sorry Senor Beef I disagree. No matter who picks the troops I think it should be a R/P/S match and who ever wins gets the Germans. No choice of sides. If you think you get the short end of the stick so be it. If it is Iron Duke picks I don't think he would intentionaly favor one side over the other.After all it is the ASS KICKER of the month tournement. If you are truely an ASS KICKER you will win with any troops you are given or give it your best shot and take your ASS KICKING. tongue.gif

Of course this is coming from the guy who has had 2 draws in a row so what do I really know about asskicking :(

------

it's good to be at the topp of the food chain.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>After all it is the ASS KICKER of the month tournement. If you are truely an ASS KICKER you will win with any troops you are given or give it your best shot and take your ASS KICKING.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put Mlapanzer. I agree totally. If we can take the unit selection out of the process, we are left with pure, unadulterated strategy and operating procedure.

Senor Beef...rest assured that I WILL NOT favor any side over the other. Let me give you an example...

If you are the Germans facing off with the Americans, expect to get Motorized squads as they are almost exactly equal to rifle 45 squads. (i.e. 10 men @ 236 attack + Pnzfst 60 vs. 12 men @ 230 attack)

If on the other hand you are German facing off with the Brits, regular infantry are the go all the way around.

I am sure you could come up with numerous "if's, buts, and whatnots" on comparing these squads, but bottom line is, lets see which of you guys can take what you have learned, and apply it to units you had no part in choosing. After all, if you stick to sound tactics and strategy, you will previal no matter what units you have...within reason of course. (No 40 .50cal Jeeps and such)

My maps may be weird, distored, and against the norm, but my unit selections will be fair and thought out. I will pick them as if they where my own.

You four Gentlemen have 2 days left to get me your results.

Don't even have a draw...if you think there will be a draw then you'd better fight it out with your crews, pulling hair and slapping each other unto Death! :D

I mean it. -200 points per day will be deducted as of July 1st.

Out.

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

So now that we are getting down to the 3rd round, once we know for sure who all will be in it, I want to get everyone's vote once again and make it official.

If you are in the Quarter finals, you can cast a vote now. I am going to keep a running tally.

Duke picks:

Player picks:

Only 2 options...no "I don't cares, I don't know, Either way is fine with me's" allowed.

Out.

It's looking bleak for me in the tie breaker. A regular uber-hetzer took out 2 veteran Hellcats :mad: 2 Shots 2 kills.I did get a 250/9 but man I haven't gotten an eass armor in this game yet. The armor kill gods are not on my side.

------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm also going to throw a wrench into things by disappearing for a week starting Sunday - it's time for the family vacation. Hope I don't get docked 200 points a day..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries Texas...you completed your Second round in due time. I will note that you will be out for a week. As long as you get your battle done by the next Due Date, no worries.

Ok,

Vote tally's:

Duke Picks: 1

Player Picks: 1