Congratulations to Combat Mission

Guys, I can tell you from training in the US Army for many years that this wargame is the most realistic thing I've ever seen. They need to start using this at West Point if they haven't already.

------------------

LongGrayLine

background:

Enlisted Cbt Egr

West Point

Airborne Infantry!

Guys, I can tell you from training in the US Army for many years that this wargame is the most realistic thing I've ever seen. They need to start using this at West Point if they haven't already.

------------------

LongGrayLine

background:

Enlisted Cbt Egr

West Point

Airborne Infantry!

A friend of mine

and fellow wargamer works at TACOM (he is working on an armored recon vehicle with the British) Detroit and showed the game to the armor survival guys. They are now using it to learn armor tacics and angles ETC..

So maybe BTS could get the big Government contract and really rake in the big bucks.

Nah. Then they would forget out us little guys smile.gif

Imagine if BTS was funded by the military to create CMII ahead of time so they can use it? Doesnt sound like a bad idea, now does it...Hmmmm....

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I can say with authority that members of The Long Gray Line are using weenie programs like DeltaForce Landwarrior... which has its purposes teaching how to shoot, move, and communicate with a squad, but it won't do much to hone skills needed as a Battalion S3!

Perhaps Combat Missions can be introduced... but I'm sure they would want it modernized.

If the U.S. Army and its procurement experts (sic) got ahold of CMBO it would:

- Come on 724 5 1/4 inch floppy disks

- Be programmed for the Exidy Sorcerer (remember that one?)

- Have a classification so compartmented that only 5 US generals and 2 Russian moles could have access to it

- Run once then require that you clean sand out of your CD drive

- Require 2.3 factory tech reps to boot

- Be issued in an improved version in Israel before our own troops had it

- Come in a puppet show version for Marines

- Cost $2,500,750,000 per copy

- Have to be produced in the home state of the Chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee

Trying to start anything at the level of Department of Defense is rather futile, but I think that this game would spread like wildfire (if it hasn't already) among soldiers and cadets themselves. However, since all cadets do have computers issued to them at West Point, it scares me to think what would have happened if I would have had access to this game in the limited free time available to a cadet. Actually I could easily see a professor at the academy shelling out some govt. cash to use CM as part of training in the classroom. You Battlefront guys need to send a couple free copies to the head of the Department of Military Instruction and also the Depart of Military History, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY. Look up the zip code.

Although nothing substitutes for getting cold and wet in real life training, this game provides some pretty good stuff as far as tactics and history.

------------------

LongGrayLine

background:

Enlisted Cbt Egr

West Point

Airborne Infantry!