Troll at the Depot

Review of Tiger Tiger

Harry-

Another ludicrous Tim "Ruined" Orosz scenario. I find it difficult to believe Tim has ever playtested any of his PBEM scenarios PBEM. It says it is best played two player, but that is only true if the German player is the family cat.

The Russian player has nothing that can knock out a German Tiger except side on at close range, a tough ask for conscript crews without radios, optics or command especially as every Tiger shot is a killer.

Your only hope is to hide near the back of the board and hope all the Germans bog in the damp. I know it is a 1 in a 1000 chance but its the best you'll get.

You have to wonder about the blatant pro German bias of CMBB, and this is just one of many examples. If CMBB really reflects reality as boasted by Battlefront, 3 Tigers would have been sufficient to take Moscow.

[ December 30, 2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Flammenwerfer ]

I have asked Admiral to delete his attacks, on this one and in von lauchert. Obviously this person has a hard time understanding that a historical scenario has the actual forces. Silly me... maybe the Germans stopped because they did get bogged down, and the players that took out the tigers [there is another thread here] are wrong. Last he lies and states it says best played two player...no where in my briefing does it say that.

Pro bias German of CMBB just shows you it is a troll. I suggest ignorinig this person, and hopefully Admiral Keth will see this and remove his postes.

Rune

not the only scenario that was marked wrong. Mistakes happen, have no problem with that, but attacking someone still makes him a troll.

Gee, I see no scenario under his name...surprising no?

Last...several people and several sources were used in that battle. The only reason it is marked semi-historical is I could not find an accurate enough map. The lowest score before troll boy was a 7.2 and the highest over a 9. Yeah, it deserves a 1. There are trolls everywhere..i finally got one!

Rune

Originally posted by demoss:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Last he lies and states it says best played two player...no where in my briefing does it say that.

He's actually telling the truth, although it's the Depot that says that. Apparently there needs to be a large disclaimer at the Depot regarding the side best played as....</font>

Originally posted by wwb_99:

If you dont like a battle, that is fine. Go, review, and say why. I have had a poor review or three. While I would not say I liked reading them, at heart I really do not mind so long as there is some constructive criticism there. Harry's reviews were just blatant personal attacks, and had little good commentary on what set him off and are fine examples of the wrong way to give a negative review.

WWB

I have to agree with everyone here in that these were not intended to be constructive or helpful reviews, but instead pointed and blatant personal attacks.

Let it be known here and now that I will not put up with this kind of abuse, neither of the scenario author nor of the review system. If you have something personal to say, take it up with the author. If you have a problem with a particular author's scenarios, don't play them.

If you, as a reviewer, have something useful to say, with the intent of aiding the author in improving their work, then by all means post a review, and be extremely explicit about what it is you like or don't like, and why.

In the past I have been fairly lenient of the nature of reviews which people post, but since it has come to this, I'm going to begin exercising a little more veto power than before. If an author asks to have a review removed, I'm going to tend to lean in favor of the author's request, as long as there he provides a reasonable arguement for deletion.

Hi,

I have seen that Harry has posted another review on Tiger Tiger.

Any chance of Adm K pointing him in the direction of the discussion here.

While I agree the scenario is a tad biased towards the Germans it does serve a useful training role and can be won against the AI.

Harry if you read his why don't you add into the discussion on the Tiger Tiger thread?

I agree with some of your views but you are a tad harsh and were a bit personal in previous comments which is un called for.

H

Again, the scenario is only marked semi-historical due to the fact I could not get an accurate enough map. The forces are REAL. A lot of research went into the tank mix, and I answered this in the Tiger Tiger thread. I again asked Admiral Keth to delete his posts. As for von lauchert, he complains it is marked best played two player. Look at my briefing, at no place did i say that....it got added in at the depot. I think Harv added some since something had to be entered in the fields...an honest mistake.

Rune