COMBAT MISSIONS: CMMOS !!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let's see.

Firstly, it looks great, thanks to all involved!

I downloaded "Feldgrau"'s Universal Carrier mod from "Der Kessel" which said it was CMMOS version. However, after unzipping it into both the CMMOS folder itself and the "cmbo" bmp folder, I see nothing. Is there a problem here? Sorry for not being completely computer literate.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gen. Sosaboski:

However, after unzipping it into both the CMMOS folder itself and the "cmbo" bmp folder, I see nothing. Is there a problem here? Sorry for not being completely computer literate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You only need to unzip to the CMBO BMP folder. The new mod might overwrite a few .bmps but all the new new ones will have suffixes like _ff _ca and stuff that won't overwrite anything. You will still see whatever graphics you used to have for the carrier until you run CMMOS which will convert it to the new .bmps.

OK, let's see.

Firstly, it looks great, thanks to all involved!

I downloaded "Feldgrau"'s Universal Carrier mod from "Der Kessel" which said it was CMMOS version. However, after unzipping it into both the CMMOS folder itself and the "cmbo" bmp folder, I see nothing. Is there a problem here? Sorry for not being completely computer literate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't confuse CMMOS with the CM Mod Manager.

To use any CMMOS mod, just unzip the files into the CMBO/BMP folder. Or into their own folder first to see if any renaming is required, and then copy them over to the BMP folder.

Remember, this program is just a new interface for the batch file mods.

The program has full rulesets for all UK & US vehicles. As long as textures have the appropriate suffixes, the transformations will be made.

These are the supported suffixes:

_uk

_uk_bloc

_uk_camo

_uk_bloc_camo

_uk_panel

_ca

_ca_bloc

_ca_panel

_po

_po_bloc

_sa

_ff

_ff_bloc

_us

_us_bloc

_us_lv

_us_bloc_lv

_us_cav

_us_bloc_cav

_us_camo

_us_bloc_camo

These are the standard batch-file suffixes, and when added to any UK or US vehicle will be applied.

I have not yet got the CMMOS version of the Carrier mod, however during beta testing I renamed the files in my review copy as above, and it works just fine. What are the extensions on the files?

[bring back the spelll chekker!]

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Marco Bergman ]

A toast to a great utility!

Say, when I go to CMMOS buildings Tab, everything is blocked out with a red circle. Now I assume that is because I have not downloaded Duplessis's, Tanks a lot, Tremblett's, Gunslinger's etc. version of the CMMOS compatible mods.

Next question: Are these CMMOS building mods available for d/l already?

Kind regards and brilliant work Gordon & Co.

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

Home is where the wine is.

-- Michael Caine, English actor and restaurateur

Yeah, did that, but still don't see any new vehicles to choose from upon entering CMMOS. The thing didn't come with a rule set. Could that be the problem? I see the "new" bmps sitting in my cmbo bmp folder quite nicely.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To reiterate Marco's point. You won't see a new button in CMMOS when you install the carrier mod because the existing buttons cover ALL US/Free French and Commonwealth vehicles. Just select Canadian (for instance), go in game and you should have Canadian carriers.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WineCape:

A toast to a great utility!

Say, when I go to CMMOS buildings Tab, everything is blocked out with a red circle. Now I assume that is because I have not downloaded Duplessis's, Tanks a lot, Tremblett's, Gunslinger's etc. version of the CMMOS compatible mods.

Next question: Are these CMMOS building mods available for d/l already?

Kind regards and brilliant work Gordon & Co.

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-------------

Home is where the wine is.

-- Michael Caine, English actor and restaurateur<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The CMMOS-compatible building sets have all been uploaded to CMHQ and Combat Missions, but they'll have to wait their turns to actually be posted. You'll have to talk to Madmatt and Manx about that schedule. smile.gif

Gordon

Yeah, did that, but still don't see any new vehicles to choose from upon entering CMMOS. The thing didn't come with a rule set. Could that be the problem? I see the "new" bmps sitting in my cmbo bmp folder quite nicely.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You WON'T see any new vehicles to choose from. Those icons are just general pictures to show you what nationality or variation will be installed.

For example the first Commonwealth Icon is British Sherman III/V. If you click that ALL British vehicle variants be installed. Likewise if you click on the Canadian Sherman, All Canadian vehicle variants will be installed.

Again, don't confuse CMMOS with the CM Mod Manager.

Also, Sosaboski, did you unzip the UC mod into its own folder as it contains many different options which will require some renaming if you want certain options.

Question?

Can I delete the batch and icon files in my

BMP folder?

This thing is a learning curve for me cause

I never used CM Mod Manager.

I have been istalling Marco Bergman's batch

armor&vec mods in my Normandy folder. to try

them out.

Have a great Labor day weekend.

;) Lane

Another dumb question. I have reinstalled all the Bergman, Molek & Co. mods and CMMOS works fine. However, when I originally installed all those mods I recall that there were many optional files and that some would need to be renamed to use the ones I wanted. (Such as stars or no stars in certain places, baggage or no baggage, etc.)Do I need to do that again or will the rule sets give me all those options in CMMOS? Or will that happen with the new CMMOS versions of these mods.

Another example would be the Allied trucks. I remember we could choose between wood or OD side panels when installing the mod, but CMMOS does not have that option. Would I still need to do the file renaming when installing the mod, or will CMMOS eventually have a ruleset that will let me chose whether I want wood or OD?

Another question: I tried to select the British vehicles with aerial recognition panels but none of the Shermans have them. I think the only British vehicle with the panel is the White Scout Car with a yellow triangle. Is that the only British mod with that option so far, or am I missing something?

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Another dumb question. I have reinstalled all the Bergman, Molek & Co. mods and CMMOS works fine. However, when I originally installed all those mods I recall that there were many optional files and that some would need to be renamed to use the ones I wanted. (Such as stars or no stars in certain places, baggage or no baggage, etc.)Do I need to do that again or will the rule sets give me all those options in CMMOS? Or will that happen with the new CMMOS versions of these mods.

Another example would be the Allied trucks. I remember we could choose between wood or OD side panels when installing the mod, but CMMOS does not have that option. Would I still need to do the file renaming when installing the mod, or will CMMOS eventually have a ruleset that will let me chose whether I want wood or OD?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dammit, dammit, dammit! You found a loophole in the whole program. GORDON! Looks like we're gonna have to scrap the whole thing now.

LOL!

Yeah you're right. I don't guess we ever thought about that, however, as we have said before is that CMMOS just replaces the batch files. So yeah you will need to go back through and select which options you want as your standard set. ie. Must reduce all vehicle file down to their _us, _us_camo, etc. bases. Now for my German uniforms RuleSet I have provided all of these options in the rulesets.

For CMMOS to work like you said, we would have to write individual rulesets for each individual vehicle that has options like that and that wouldn't be worth it. Know what I mean, so yeah, you still have to pick the options you want and set all of their suffixes back to the basic suffix. (ie, drop the _opt part)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Another question: I tried to select the British vehicles with aerial recognition panels but none of the Shermans have them. I think the only British vehicle with the panel is the White Scout Car with a yellow triangle. Is that the only British mod with that option so far, or am I missing something?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well actually, that A/C regonition option was written in for Feldgrau's Universal Carrier mod. If you notice there are a few files in that mod that say _uk_panel, and _ca_panel. These are the ones that will be used.

As far as the White Scout Car goes, as a matter of fact, I wrote Gordon saying that we need a CMMOS compatible version of that mod for this very reason. So just stay tuned for that one as well.

That's OK Max. I think I still got my money's worth from CMMOS. I can't remember all the options I chose, so I guess I will just leave the default options.

Hopefully there will be a way to make rulesets for Fernando's mods that let us chose the same divisional markings for all the German vehicles at once. That would be nice, but I understand if CMMOS isn't intended for that.

I haven't installed the UC mod yet since I wasn't sure if it was ready for CMMOS yet. I will check it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lane:

Question?

Can I delete the batch and icon files in my

BMP folder?

This thing is a learning curve for me cause

I never used CM Mod Manager.

I have been istalling Marco Bergman's batch

armor&vec mods in my Normandy folder. to try

them out.

Have a great Labor day weekend.

;) Lane<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but don't delete Fernando's batch files (yet).

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Another example would be the Allied trucks. I remember we could choose between wood or OD side panels when installing the mod, but CMMOS does not have that option. Would I still need to do the file renaming when installing the mod, or will CMMOS eventually have a ruleset that will let me chose whether I want wood or OD?

Another question: I tried to select the British vehicles with aerial recognition panels but none of the Shermans have them. I think the only British vehicle with the panel is the White Scout Car with a yellow triangle. Is that the only British mod with that option so far, or am I missing something?

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maximus responded to this pretty thoroughly, but I'd just like to add the following. My suggestion for the handling of these sorts of "options" that are outside the scope of CMMOS (e.g. the various Sherman nose-styles, baggage, markings options, wood panels on trucks, etc.) is to use CM Mod Manager.

I believe that the combination of CM Mod Manager and CM Mod Option Selector is incredibly powerful as each does certain things very well that the other doesn't.

Ok, off my soap-box. smile.gif

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

As far as the White Scout Car goes, as a matter of fact, I wrote Gordon saying that we need a CMMOS compatible version of that mod for this very reason. So just stay tuned for that one as well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

I need to ammend that post. There is a batch file, now CMMOS compatible version of the White Scout Car mod already out there (m3a1_batch.zip). It's at Manx's site with the original mod. As a beta tester, I just never downloaded the batch compatible version so I wasn't aware of it.

Gordon,

I've been a proponent of the CM Mod Manager for some time and agree it's handy, but I must admit that I've been able to recreate the CM Mod Manager packages I've made in CMMOS and they function in a quicker, more streamlined fashion.

The CMMOS version of DFDR, for instance, sports terrain installation w/ multiple options, unit textures with multiple options, interface conversion w/ revert option, Italians Attack! option w/ revert, and more.

One could really do anything with CMMOS that is done in Mod Manager (ie: vehicles with multiple options, markings, aerial recog. panels and so forth), it would just require the creation of vehicle specific RuleSets.

For my own use, I put together a Sherman RuleSet and a Panther RuleSet. Both offer the textures of several mod authors, and where applicable the different vehicle versions have options. The Sherman Ruleset has almost four rows of icons in CMMOS w/ variations ranging from desert stuff (with generic, 7th Armd. marked, 1st Armd. marked, SA, American and other options) to winter stuff (including all the stuff that came with CMMOS and many other winterized versions, marked and unmarked, whitewashed and what have you). Also included are a number of generic, weathered, and other versions with and without unit markings and other options.

I'm not sure whether you intended CMMOS to be used in this manner, but it seems to work very well.

This begs another question. After finishing a scenario specific mod RuleSet (featuring the Utah beach stuff, Pointe du Hoc textures, Estates! textures, Sheep's Clothing textures), I went back to add options that will let someone revert to Magua's Normandy textures after using scenario specific textures for Utah beach or Pointe du Hoc. Have you already decided on a suffix naming convention for Magua's Normandy conversion?

If you have, it would prevent me from having to include the Normandy revert .bmp's in any pack I might make.

Just a quick question for a little clarification about the hi-res/lo-res patch files. If I previously loaded most but not all of Gordon's mods (for instance I loaded all the Brit Camo mods but left out the Brit regular), when I copy in the patch .bmp's I will get some of the Brit regular files. Now using the utility (the BEST!) and choosing the British regular, won't I get a mix of the couple of new .bmp's with whatever else I used as that mod?

So the only way to keep someone elses British mod would be to make sure none of the patch files for that mod are added in. Correct?

Shoeman

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clubfoot:

Gordon,

I've been a proponent of the CM Mod Manager for some time and agree it's handy, but I must admit that I've been able to recreate the CM Mod Manager packages I've made in CMMOS and they function in a quicker, more streamlined fashion.

The CMMOS version of DFDR, for instance, sports terrain installation w/ multiple options, unit textures with multiple options, interface conversion w/ revert option, Italians Attack! option w/ revert, and more.

One could really do anything with CMMOS that is done in Mod Manager (ie: vehicles with multiple options, markings, aerial recog. panels and so forth), it would just require the creation of vehicle specific RuleSets.

For my own use, I put together a Sherman RuleSet and a Panther RuleSet. Both offer the textures of several mod authors, and where applicable the different vehicle versions have options. The Sherman Ruleset has almost four rows of icons in CMMOS w/ variations ranging from desert stuff (with generic, 7th Armd. marked, 1st Armd. marked, SA, American and other options) to winter stuff (including all the stuff that came with CMMOS and many other winterized versions, marked and unmarked, whitewashed and what have you). Also included are a number of generic, weathered, and other versions with and without unit markings and other options.

I'm not sure whether you intended CMMOS to be used in this manner, but it seems to work very well.

This begs another question. After finishing a scenario specific mod RuleSet (featuring the Utah beach stuff, Pointe du Hoc textures, Estates! textures, Sheep's Clothing textures), I went back to add options that will let someone revert to Magua's Normandy textures after using scenario specific textures for Utah beach or Pointe du Hoc. Have you already decided on a suffix naming convention for Magua's Normandy conversion?

If you have, it would prevent me from having to include the Normandy revert .bmp's in any pack I might make.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clubfoot,

Yow, I'm pleased that it's working so well for you. You're probably pushing the envelope as much as anyone, so please let me know of any problems you encounter or enhancements/improvements you might like to see in a future version.

Regarding Magua's Normandy mod. We are using "_nor" for his buildings, so that's probably what you should use for the whole thing.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrcobbler:

Just a quick question for a little clarification about the hi-res/lo-res patch files. If I previously loaded most but not all of Gordon's mods (for instance I loaded all the Brit Camo mods but left out the Brit regular), when I copy in the patch .bmp's I will get some of the Brit regular files. Now using the utility (the BEST!) and choosing the British regular, won't I get a mix of the couple of new .bmp's with whatever else I used as that mod?

So the only way to keep someone elses British mod would be to make sure none of the patch files for that mod are added in. Correct?

Shoeman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that is correct.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrcobbler:

Shoeman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well to add on that, it'd just be as easy to go ahead and install all the regular British stuff. It can't hurt anything.

This is as good as any reason to bump this. Great utility although I haven't run it through all its paces yet.

A question which someone else touched on but which I think needs more explanation.

The building options are X'd out. I presume because there are no terrain .bat files. At least, those I have overwrite each other, so its a one or the other deal. Is this option for future mods with .bat files, and not those already out there?

Also, it isn't giving me an option for the Axis .bat file mods I have. Is it just for Allied?

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Bruno,

Once the CMMOS-compatible building mods are available for download, and you install them the individual icons will no longer be disabled (red-X'd).

There are no Axis CMMOS rule sets (yet). Maximus' German uniform compilation should be uploaded soon and Fernando is still working on his vehicles rule sets.

Gordon