COMBAT MISSIONS: CMMOS !!

In the form of a bump, I am now sending Gordon my German Uniform Ruleset and Bitmaps.

He'll then have to compile them and then send them to Manx and Madmatt.

You folks are gonna love this one. Now you'll be able to swap between all permeantations of Andrew's and Scipio's Hi-Res German Uniforms. Including different trouser and helmet options.

NOTE: I have slightly modified all of these files, by sharpening them a bit and giving all arm files the same hand texture. So no longer will you have SS soldiers with different hand tones than the Heer.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those interested here's all what is going to be included with the CMMOS mods from an email from Gordon to Manx.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

The "core" stuff:

CMMOSv2PKG.exe

CMMOS_Patches_hr.zip/CMMOS_Patches_lr.zip

The "new editions" stuff:

Bergman_Winter_M4s_CMMOS_hr.zip

Bergman_Winter_M8_M20_CMMOS_hr.zip

Magua_Winter_Halftracks_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Whitewashed_Halftracks_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Whitewashed_Allied_Trucks_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Winter_Allied_Trucks_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Whitewashed_M4s_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Whitewashed_M7_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Winter_M7_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Whitewashed_Stuarts_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Winter_Stuarts_CMMOS_hr.zip

The buildings:

Buildings_BTS_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Gunslinger_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Magua_Normandy_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Magua_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Mike_Duplessis_CMMOS_hr.zip/Buildings_Mike_Duplessis_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Panzertruppen_CMMOS_hr.zip/Buildings_Panzertruppen_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Richard_Tremblett_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Tanks_a_Lot_CMMOS_hr.zip/Buildings_Tanks_a_Lot_CMMOS_lr.zip

Buildings_Tanks_a_Lot_Large_CMMOS_hr.zip/Buildings_Tanks_a_Lot_Large_CMMOS_l

r.zip

The "new" stuff:

GEM_Commonwealth_Halftracks_CMMOS_hr.zip/GEM_Commonwealth_Halftracks_CMMOS_l

r.zip

GEM_US_and_FF_Halftracks_CMMOS_hr.zip/GEM_US_and_FF_Halftracks_CMMOS_lr.zip

GEM_Whitewashed_M8_M20_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_BlackCamo_Priest_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_FieldDrabCamo_Priest_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Camo_M8_M20_CMMOS_hr.zip

GEM_Camo_Sexton_CMMOS_hr.zip

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I have downloaded and installed Marco Bergman's CMMOS enabled version of his Winterised M4 Collection from COMBAT MISSIONS. I see a file called pspbrwse.jbf. What is it and do I need it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, that's just a PaintShopPro browser file. You don't need it. Just delete it.

Boy I am lost but what's new when it comes to anything having to do with computers. Ok I understand to download the CMMOS and one of the two Patch mods either Hi or low res. My question is where should I download them to. The BMP folder or the CMBO folder? Sorry this is way over my head but I think if you can answer that question I'll give it a try. :eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Ok I understand to download the CMMOS and one of the two Patch mods either Hi or low res. My question is where should I download them to. The BMP folder or the CMBO folder? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't matter where you put the CMMOS .exe file, thats a self-installer that makes it's own directory. You can delete it when you're done unless you want a backup. The contents of the patches are all .bmps that should go into your BMP folder.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lcm1947:

Thanks alot Panzerwerfer42. I appreciate it! Ok so here goes. I hope the machine knows what's it's doing cause I sure don't.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any problems you may cause are all worth it. Trust me, i've been testing it for 2 months and it makes switching much easier and just makes the game cooler cuz your vehicles look british when you're playing the british.

Well I just downloaded the CMMOS program. Now I see what it does. It's great!!! Thanks a million Gordon. Man, this is really really neat!!!! I love new toys! Now for getting some more mods. I shall go looking around. Again, thank you Gordon for your work and time. You are the man!! ;)

Technical Difficulties.. :( Hi Guys!!could use some technical advice.Just downloaded CMMOS(Thanks Gordon!!) unzipped it into it's default folder,and doubleclicked the icon. I got a dialog window that reads"unable to open

'C:\windows\temp\CMMOSlog.txt'. I clicked OK and got this dialog "Access violation at address 00420AEF in module 'cmmos.exe' read of address FFFFFFFF. :confused: clicked ok and CMMOS crashed.Could this be some type of internal conflict in my system? I noticed in

CMMOS setupthat before I clicked finish, I had the option to read the .rtf and/or launch

CMMOS.Are there supposed to be checkmark boxes under this text? It was just empty space with a finish button in the lower corner of the window.I clicked finish and it went back to the desktop.Downloaded and installed it two more times with the same results.Any help would be appreciated. I got the whole weekend to "CMMOS" my bmp folder. It would be a shame not to be able to get started.Thanks in advance,and a nice weekend to all of you who CAN :( use this super program. Auf Wiedersehen.

Hi Panzerwerfer 42!! Nope, I'm running a Pentium 3 500Mhz. Never had problem with any mod or other downloads before.The net was really draggin ass when I d/l'ed it. No clue! :( I'll ask my buddy here to d/l it. If it works for him , its a tech problem on my end.

Thanks Again

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzeranklopfgeraet:

Hi Panzerwerfer 42!! Nope, I'm running a Pentium 3 500Mhz. Never had problem with any mod or other downloads before.The net was really draggin ass when I d/l'ed it. No clue! :( I'll ask my buddy here to d/l it. If it works for him , its a tech problem on my end.

Thanks Again

Chris<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That problem never cropped up during beta testing, so it may have to be look into. For a better explanation, try to send that log file and explain your situation to Gordon Molek. He coded the thing so he may know what's going on better. His email is g.molek@att.net .

Originally, The CMMOS did not work until I remembered that I changed the folder name from "cmbo" to "combat mission" when I originally installed the game. I changed the folder to "cmbo" and presto it worked !!!

FYI you need to have the folder named "cmbo" or rlse the CNNOS will not work.

Thanks Guys !!! I love the CMMOS. Works like magic !!!

Cheers Stingray :D

Gentlemen,

This utility sounds interesting. However, for those of us who are not died-in-the-wool modsluts ( ;) ) is there a clean and concise list of instructions for both the patch program and the new one? I am used to understanding references in the Peng thread, but this discussion has me completely lost.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Speedbump

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panzeranklopfgeraet:

Technical Difficulties.. :( Hi Guys!!could use some technical advice.Just downloaded CMMOS(Thanks Gordon!!) unzipped it into it's default folder,and doubleclicked the icon. I got a dialog window that reads"unable to open

'C:\windows\temp\CMMOSlog.txt'. I clicked OK and got this dialog "Access violation at address 00420AEF in module 'cmmos.exe' read of address FFFFFFFF. :confused: clicked ok and CMMOS crashed.Could this be some type of internal conflict in my system? I noticed in

CMMOS setupthat before I clicked finish, I had the option to read the .rtf and/or launch

CMMOS.Are there supposed to be checkmark boxes under this text? It was just empty space with a finish button in the lower corner of the window.I clicked finish and it went back to the desktop.Downloaded and installed it two more times with the same results.Any help would be appreciated. I got the whole weekend to "CMMOS" my bmp folder. It would be a shame not to be able to get started.Thanks in advance,and a nice weekend to all of you who CAN :( use this super program. Auf Wiedersehen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'm not sure how this never came up in testing, but you are the third person with this problem. If you create the folder "C:\Windows\Temp" everything should be fine.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingray:

Originally, The CMMOS did not work until I remembered that I changed the folder name from "cmbo" to "combat mission" when I originally installed the game. I changed the folder to "cmbo" and presto it worked !!!

FYI you need to have the folder named "cmbo" or rlse the CNNOS will not work.

Thanks Guys !!! I love the CMMOS. Works like magic !!!

Cheers Stingray :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you change the folder name during installation when CM:BO asked you what folder to install in, or did you simply change the name of the folder after the installation was finished? I'm curious because CMMOS actually looks in the Windows Registry to find out where CM:BO is installed.

Thanks,

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedbump:

Gentlemen,

This utility sounds interesting. However, for those of us who are not died-in-the-wool modsluts ( ;) ) is there a clean and concise list of instructions for both the patch program and the new one? I am used to understanding references in the Peng thread, but this discussion has me completely lost.

Speedbump<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Download and install CMMOSv2PKG.exe by clicking on it. Follow the instructions.

Read the Readme.rtf.

Download and install (using CM Mod Manager) either CMMOS_Patches_hr.zip or CMMOS_Patches_lr.zip.

Download and install all the new CMMOS mods that will be released shortly.

Gordon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedbump:

Gentlemen,

Speedbump<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're not a modslut, but want to get everything previously, just download and install Marco's Sherman Pack, Stuart Pack, T8/Stuart Roo, M8/M20 Greyhound pack, Allied Trucks, Gordon's Camo Packs of all the above.

Basically anything from Marco, Gordon, Feldgrau are CMMOS compatible. Anything that previosuly ran with batch files will work with CMMOS. We just have some new stuff that the batch files couldn't handle. Namely CMMOS versions of the Winterized vehicles.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gordon:

Did you change the folder name during installation when CM:BO asked you what folder to install in, or did you simply change the name of the folder after the installation was finished? I'm curious because CMMOS actually looks in the Windows Registry to find out where CM:BO is installed.

Thanks,

Gordon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Gordon:

I don't remember when I changed the name of the folder to "combat mission".

I think it was during the installation when it asked what folder to install in.

Renaming the folder back to "cmbo" was the ticket.

Once again, thanks for CMMOS. I was so excited I stayed up until 2 AM playing with it.

Cheers,

Stingray

Again, just to clarify.

ANY previous batch file mod *is* CMMOS compatible.

The CMMOS Patch file fills in some missing files that CMMOS needs.

We went to this program because the batch file was reaching its limit as we tried UNSUCCESSFULLY to code in the Camo Priest.

The only "new" or "old" mods (whichever way you wanna look at it) that you will have to download again are the winter snowy and winter whitewashed versions of the Allied vehicles. Because Gordon has a Ruleset to switch between whitewashed and snowy with stars or no stars. That's why we had to provide new versions of these with new naming conventions.