Should I have my Tanks Buttoned?

I follow the Iraeli doctrine on this issue. All tanks should be kept unbottoned except when under small arms fire at ranges less than 200m or artillery attack. You lose a few TCs, but you lose far fewer tanks.

WWB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phillies Phan:

i usually button them up and use the Fast command through fog. 2/20/4.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they are being shelled I tend to button them up too. Unless the shelling is far away.

I use to button my tanks up at the 1st sign of trouble. Now I keep them unbuttoned until the computer does it by itself. I figure my little digital TC knows better than me what the situation is. Once I feel like the threat has passed I usually have them unbutton again until the computer closes it up.

Nedlam

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nedlam:

I use to button my tanks up at the 1st sign of trouble. Now I keep them unbuttoned until the computer does it by itself. I figure my little digital TC knows better than me what the situation is. Once I feel like the threat has passed I usually have them unbutton again until the computer closes it up.

Nedlam<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with this...

I would say that is the best practice, they will button themselves when things get hot, but they won't automatically unbutton. So when things quiet down you have to unbutton them and then they will "auto-button" by them selves if they need to.

-tom w