I got a new Webiste up!!! Check it out!!!

Hi everyone,

I have been learning HTML for the past week. So I decided to make a new website using my limited knoweldge of HTML. The site is ok, but to me it seems it is still missing something.

It's only partially up, I am working on it as much as I can.

So check it out at

http://rommel22skg.freeservers.com

Remeber, I've only been using HTML for a week. If you have any suggestion tell me!

Thanx!

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: Rommel22 ]

Thanx,

I have one question:

I am at work right now, so I wanted to show people my site. So I tried showing them on a mac, Imac and a G4 to be more specific. I opened the site using IE (I think IE 5). Well the Picture on the homepage doesn't show up. The big "Panzer" picture doesn't show up on these macs.

So i tried a PC and it works fine. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanx in advance!

p.s. any one alse care to comment?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Thanx,

I have one question:

I am at work right now, so I wanted to show people my site. So I tried showing them on a mac, Imac and a G4 to be more specific. I opened the site using IE (I think IE 5). Well the Picture on the homepage doesn't show up. The big "Panzer" picture doesn't show up on these macs.

So i tried a PC and it works fine. Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanx in advance!

p.s. any one alse care to comment?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your pictures show up fine on my Mac. Perhaps you should petition Big Brother ("Bill," to his friend, if he has one) to permit you to see graphics on another platform. Cheers

The pictures show up fine on my Mac, running Netscape 4.7.

Great website, can't wait until you get more stuff there. And if you keep making websites, you really should invest in a copy of Pagemill, it makes the whole process much easier. The Last Defense is my first website, and I never would have been able do do anything like it with just HTML.

Rommel,

After a quck check on your site, appearently there is an "open angle bracket" or simply "less than symbol" shown on the top left corner of the page between the "Home" link and the "Free Banner". It shows up in Mac IE but not on Mac Netscape.

I suspect it may be an error in your HTML but sorry I have no time to run through it in details cause I am about to go out on some personal business. One thing is, IE is less torable to HTML errors and so be careful. I am going to rip your HTML source page to my Powerbook later tonight to see what has possibly gone wrong.

Stay tune.

Griffin.

[ 04-20-2001: Message edited by: GriffinCheng+ ]

Thanx Griffin,

Yeah, it's been only a week since I started learning HTML. Thanx for looking it over, I really apreciate this. I spend all day looking it over, and trying to fix it.

I brough from school on Friday and when I looked it up on my computer, it looked completly different. So I spent about 2 hors or more fixing it.

Ofcourse it would of took less than that, but being a new to this, it took me forever.

Oh yeah, the spelling, I will fix that right away!

Thanx again Griffin!!!

And on Mac IE 4 & 5, it does not show the image and cannot even load it! Strange, probably my inital analysis is wrong, it could probably be an IE bug....

But somehow, if I rip the file "panzer.jpg" from Netscape, I can open and view this graphics in IE, now gotta be somethin wrong in here....

Griffin.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: GriffinCheng+ ]

Yeah, I know.

I did the same thing at work. There was an Apple rep there, but he couldn't figure it out either.

I tried messing with the IE5 settings but nothing works. I tried Netscape6, that worked. IE 4.5 and 4.7 worked for me on PC and Mac too, just not IE5 on MAC.

Every other image works fine, except this one.

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the code.

Thanx Again Griffin!!!

Why Does everyone think thats Ed Harris??? You are about the 20th person, asking me that question!!!

Does Erwin Rommel( the "guy" in the picture) lookso much like Ed Harris?!?!

To me they look nothing alike!!!

It is ERWIN ROMMEL, aka The Desert Fox. He commanded the DAK from 41-43. Commanded the 7th Panzer division in France 1940.