Newbie Guide---FOR NEWBIES

I love CMBO--We all do, and I am not a newbie, I have been playing CM all most everyday since Novemeber 8, 2000

Anyway I am sick of the way we treat the newbies round here (we all were once)

Anywho, I hope this post will help the newcommers to the forum and the game..and for all the silly (some legitimate questions) out there from people like well lets not mention names, anyway lets get to the point.

First Item : One thing I do hate about some newbies is they come here before they consult the most important peice of reference The Instruction Manual Almost 90% of newbie questions can be answered from this bible of info on CM, and Kudos to Fion and Dan etc. for writing such a great manual. Trust me, it is rich with lots of info, including making scenarios, placing flags, etc. Consult it first.

Second Item :

Dont ask dumb questions. It makes people mad, what I mean by dumb questions, are ones that can be answered by looking in the manual.

For All Other Questions I suggest you consult this guide for further help it covers EVERYTHING and also proves russlmz has to much time on his hands: Link Below

Right Here---Also For Newbies With Questions About CM-B to B Your Questions Will Be Answered Here

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fieldmarshall:

I have been playing CM all most everyday since Novemeber 8, 2000 (The Day I got it..)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Dont ask dumb questions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you put a similar restriction on making stupid statements?

:D

Almost 90% of newbie questions can be answered from this bible of info on CM, and Kudos to Fion and Dan etc. for writing such a great manual. Trust me, it is rich with lots of info, including making scenarios, placing flags, etc. Consult it first.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Including the fact the manual was written by Martin Turewicz (Moon) and Steve Grammont. Credit where credit is due I guess...

Ron

If I did that, Not only would I be a hippocrite, maximus would be put in front of a firing squad

;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance of that being televised? We could sell tickets, make some money, and donate it to Steve and Charles for CM2. smile.gif

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Colonel_Deadmarsh ]

Anyway I am sick of the way we treat the newbies round here (we all were once)

Second Item :

Dont ask dumb questions. It makes people mad, what I mean by dumb questions, are ones that can be answered by looking in the manual.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, unless my diplomatic skills are a bit rusty, I'd say that you pretty much contradicted yourself there.

First you say that you don't like the way newbies are treated and then you tell them to not ask dumb questions because most answers can be found in the manual.

Gee, I'm glad we're not sending you to Kabal to negotiate with Taliban. :rolleyes:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cubbies Phan:

Hmmm, unless my diplomatic skills are a bit rusty, I'd say that you pretty much contradicted yourself there.

First you say that you don't like the way newbies are treated and then you tell them to not ask dumb questions because most answers can be found in the manual.

Gee, I'm glad we're not sending you to Kabal to negotiate with Taliban. :rolleyes:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

QUIET TRAITOR!

For All Other Questions I suggest you consult this guide for further help it covers EVERYTHING and also proves russlmz has to much time on his hands: Link Below

Right Here---Also For Newbies With Questions About CM-B to B Your Questions Will Be Answered Here

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: Fieldmarshall ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TWO "L"s dangit....and i won't even mention the missing "E"...oops...