Europa Universalis vs. Combat Mission

Okay, I know this is like comparing apples to oranges, but I's gots to's knows... Which game would win? Are they both equally innovative, original, and creative as both developers' and reviews claim? Are both games just as addictive, with that "Just this last turn, and I'll go to bed" type gameplay? I would have to say that playing CM piqued my interest in the need to want to conquer the whole world and not just a battlefield, but again, which game is better? I hope responses are favourable... my copy of EU is in the mail... Between CM and EU, nobody will ever see me again... :D

Moot point isn't it?

Different games (Grand Strategic versus Tactical), and it depends on the player's taste (me, I prefer tactical level games, not that I'm going to give EU a miss as it looks quite interesting).

However, I've got a feeling that CMBO would stay on my drive far longer than EU ever will (that is once I get EU)! smile.gif

Mace

EU is good ... I got home half past four this morning after sitting at a friends place playing it all night. But then on the other hand there are some serious issues with the game. The swedish version of the game is filled with typos and english terms, which is annoying in the long term. The interface is not as good as it could be and the AI can be extremely annoying sometimes. ... but apart from that it managed to get me to stay up all night ... kinda similar to CM if you know what I mean smile.gif

Well football or water-skiing aren't really even in the same ballpark... At least the apples and oranges are on the same fruit and veggie stand. ;) I know that one is tactical, while the other is Grand Strategy, but apparently small to medium strategy war tactics will work in EU; even a lake looks like a puddle when viewed from a far enough distance. Cannot the same be said about CM and the tactics you use there, but in a wider more grandiose scale? Don't get me wrong, I know they're not anything like one another, but I figured that people of a feather...