You Cable Modem users... any first impressions?

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, well I guess all I can tell you compassion that wouldnt be considered bias would be that I played the scenario Valley of Trouble which is one included in the gold demo last night for the third and I was up to 4:30 finishing it off smile.gif

Its a great scenario and it really is a good example of CM's 3D engine as its a battle in a hilly area. I think you guys should enjoy it a lot smile.gif

just you wait,man.....

it's like playing a brand new game!!!!!!

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to a Genius"

-O'B&G-

Guest Germanboy

Hehe, just wasted the AI in 18 turns 84-16 as US in CE. This looks and plays really great. Much improved AI, higher immersion, I'd give it 15 out of a possible ten biggrin.gif

What a way to start the day - get up at 8.47 to find out that the demo was posted at 8.27 local UK - sometimes it is good to live in Europe...

------------------

Andreas

Guest Seimerst

Of course it is worth the wait-- even at 56K. Truly stupendous accomplishment. I will most likely have my wife on a slow burn while I miss supper and play until the alarm goes off. You guys are going to like the interface-- much is the same but so much is new. This game will slow this board to a complete stop while we all play until the retail shows up on our doorstep.

yipe took me all of 18 minutes to download, And i thought that was slow,anyway great game,played valley of trouble as allies krauts surrendered on 2nd to last day.Fought really well though, was in heaps of trouble for awhile.Art saved the day for me here

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

I just got done downloading here at work. Took exactly 6 minutes. Need to get it on the ZIP disk now. Unfortunately, probably will have to sit here for eight hours until I can go home now. Can you say SucksVille? Maybe I'll sneak out early. wink.gif

So how many scenarios are there in the demo?

Sounds like CE is back for comparison to the beta and a new operation? Valley of Trouble??? Anything else?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike D:

I just got done downloading here at work. Took exactly 6 minutes. Need to get it on the ZIP disk now. Unfortunately, probably will have to sit here for eight hours until I can go home now. Can you say SucksVille? Maybe I'll sneak out early. wink.gif

So how many scenarios are there in the demo?

Sounds like CE is back for comparison to the beta and a new operation? Valley of Trouble??? Anything else?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 2:

1 Chance Encounter just like the Old Demo

2 Valley of Trouble. Germans defend (with CENSORED smile.gif) and Americans attack.

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-10-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Boris,

You need to add some SPOILER TEXT to your post up above or at least remove the reference to WHAT is in Valley of Trouble. I for one had not finished playing the new scenario against Fionn and you just gave me (and anyone else who is playing) more info than they should have!!!!

Please people, be considerate and DONT DIVULGE INFO about the new sceanrio, or if you do then insert SPOILER BREAKS in your messages. Everyone should get the oppertunity to enjoy this gem without knowing too much about it...

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-10-2000).]

Jesus Christ Boris.

I've been saving that godamn BLEEP for the past 8 turns so as to snooker Matt into my ambush and hit him with a combined BLEEP. Thanks for spoiling it and gifting him the game.

[This message has been edited by Fionn (edited 05-10-2000).]

30 megs is a drop in the bucket...6 minutes was about right. BTS you've done a great job I've looked at the CE....Valley I'm playing US x 3 PBEM's...thank God for a new scen. Graphics, colors are great. I really like the sounds....birds singing!!. Different color hair on the Germans is a nice touch. I'm sure there's lots more to discover. Wanted to express my thanks.

Guest Madmatt

Boris, Could you go ahead and remove that reference and Fionn you too. Just cause our game is ruined (well not really, I am still going wipe the floor with Fionns wussy ass!) doesn't mean we need to spoil it for others!

Madmatt

------------------

Test

------------------

---------

Ask me politely and you'll get a complete and polite response. Act like a bastard and I'll ignore you forever. Your choice, just don't bitch about me ignoring you if you act like a spoiled asshole sometime.

This sig is so NO-ONE can say they haven't been warned about my stance on this subject.

Oops. REAL test for spacing.

------------------

Ask me politely and you'll get a complete and polite response. Act like a bastard and I'll ignore you forever. Your choice, just don't bitch about me ignoring you if you act like a spoiled asshole sometime.

This sig is so NO-ONE can say they haven't been warned about my stance on this subject.

Guest Madmatt

Fionn, please chill and realize that I AM FREAKING STILL AT WORK!!!! You'll get your damn turn later on!

A). You SEVERLY overestimated your so called 'ambush' which by the way, wasn't any sort of surprise and next turn when the rest of my arty (I GOTS TONS OF IT BABY) comes screaming down on your poor GREEN troops you will have no one to run too but your MOMMA, and she aint home!

I already took CMHQ away from you, now I will take your crown as the CM Ambush King... wink.gif

Silly Human...

Madmatt

------------------