.50 Cal sniper

Raze

I was playing the "good spot to die" scenario and using the hotchkiss tanks that were included. Low and behold one of them takes a round (the "tink" sound) and is rendered Nonop. The kicker is a sharpshooter got credit for the kill. I can only assume that he got both crewmen with one bullet. Nice shot. . . frown.gif

------------------

Sticks and stones may break my . . OUCH! Hey! Who threw . . .Stop! STOP IT!

Guest Pershing Predator

My god! I remember seeing that "Navy SEALS" movie. Perhaps someone should put in a sound effect of the Sniper saying "I gawt em'" in that thick southern drawl of his.

And, for that matter, when did the Sniper Fire become one full round of firing? It wouldn't explain the 10 shots.

Guest Germanboy

The Hotchkiss is a 2-man tank. A sniper can take out the TC with one shot. The driver than usually decides he has to go shopping or check on the amount of underwear stacks in some rearward depot. Which is understandable, since the tank would be useless from that point on. Seen it happen, don't think it is a bug.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-15-2000).]

I think he was using one of those "magic" bullets smile.gif

Actually I'm somewhat familiar with sniper rifles and their use. Its possible to take out two. Its just highly improbable wink.gif

But that's what we love about CM....

------------------

Sticks and stones may break my . . OUCH! Hey! Who threw . . .Stop! STOP IT!

Guest Lord General MB

Sirs,

Since Pak 40 stole my JFK line I'll go for a reason. Did the tank crew escape? Since jeeps and trucks can abandone from lots of shooting, I belive its possible that the hotchkiss counts as a truck becuase it has only 2 crew men...

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Try my level at the CMHQ:

Road to La Pier... lots of hochkiss's. Real fun! And boy are you right about the being as good as a truck...

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

I remember hearing a WWII vet telling how the Sherman tank gunners would use the co-axial machine gun with the tank's main gun sight as a long range sniping weapon. Their favorite tactic was to shoot out the engines on enemy trucks in convoy and then rake the entire convoy with machine gun fire.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.