Terribly OT, don't read......

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Its the 4th quarter right now, and I am laughing my ass off...

I am sorry to drag you guys into my mundane midwest football garbage, but my wife was born and raised in Nebraska, and me in Oklahoma... I can't hoop and holler and this keyboard is the only outlet for my excitement! We will probably schedule some marriage counseling starting Monday because of this thing.......

[This message has been edited by *Captain Foobar* (edited 10-28-2000).]

Are you telling me that the Sooners are beating the Cornhuskers? Soundly even?

Sounds like I did good when I stopped

following NCAA. Damn expensive from here too.

So, now they're gonna try talk Tom Osborne back or what? Three yards and a pile o dust football. Those were the days.

Good luck on the counseling. Sounds like you will need it.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

We should be ashamed of ourselves, letting the pommies get 2 points like that.

Wow, 2 points for England, they'll probably declare a national holiday there to celebrate.

------------------

Torture you? That...That's a good idea.

Guest MantaRay

Great game. Sad to see Nebraska lose. Both are my favorite teams (but Michigan is my #1 favorite) and it is nice to see the Sooners come back to prominence.

Ray

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Hey fogman, that stuff is all ancient history... No more Boz, no more Switzer.... We are fresh off a win over Nebraska, and we havent had a steroid/cheating scandal in weeks!

Which reminds me, how did the compromise rules game go between Ireland and Aussieland?

Last I heard, we were short a fair few of our better players...

NTM

------------------

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen get to die faster, for we ride into battle!

Being from the heart of Cornhusker country (Lincoln), I'm willing to take my lumps now. But remember Sooner fans...there's a little game coming up called the Big 12 Championship. Enjoy the victory while you can....you'll be seeing us again.

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

Congrats to OK. Do they have anybody who can run the 40 in 4.3, catch the ball consistently, and loves to block downfield? Send him to the Rams when his college eligibility runs out. Then maybe we can score 60 points a game instead of 40.

And thank you, Chiefs. You did us a huge favor. Now we have a real defensive coach. If the Rams play like they did against the 'Niners, then it'll be two Super Bowls in a row, no matter who plays quarterback.

Now if Marshall gets hurt, then we might have a problem.

Three of the next four games are at the Dome. Pity the poor teams that play the Rams there.

And what's so OT about this thread? Football and war make great companions!

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Ahh, the big 12 championship... Looking forward to it.

I think the worst team in the world to be is the poor bastards who have to play the Huskers AFTER they have lost a game. They come in there ready to tear off some heads.

I hope OU can survive the success,not get complacent, and build a long term program the way Nebraska has.

But this whole thing is really hard on my family. My wife, the psychotically fervent Husker fan, me the smirking and giddy OU fan, and my grandfather, the Texas A&M graduate who barely forgives me for being FROM Oklahoma... Oh well, I guess we'll work on this in our next therapy session...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trooper:

Which reminds me, how did the compromise rules game go between Ireland and Aussieland?

Last I heard, we were short a fair few of our better players...

NTM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's OK, we left all our good players at home as well (unfortunately)! wink.gif

Say, you wouldn't be Irish, would you?

Mace

Guest Madmatt

If you guys promise to play nice and at least mention Chelsea once per 1000 posts I will leave this thread alive to discuss world sports.

Madmatt

• 2 months later...