STEVE why do you torture us so?

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Steve why do you torture us so? no information, no update, not even a "hey we are 99% done" its really bordering on being mean frown.gif

HEy man why dont you give theses guys a break with this type of post? This is two that are virtually the same, right in a row. I am dying to know so bad I can't stand it, but even I think this is a bit much. You more or less just asked this question on the other thread and this surely isn't worthy of a new topic. It is evident they are not going to say anything until ttey are ready to, and are not going to be coaxed into doing so. The pranksters efforts in decieving us all would have brought that about IMHO as they were not happy. So just let them get on with their work and we can hope it wont be much longer.

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

SS_PanzerLeader,

Couldn't agree more. We can't do anything about it anyway, so these porst are only bugging people unnecessarily. Let BTS work and as soon as they have something worthwhile to tell us, they will.

In short Stabsfeldwebel: relax, play CM, visit your girlfriend go out and have a beer, enjoy the weather, listen to the birds, watch football or whatever makes you (and the rest of us) happy and stop posting these posts.

[This message has been edited by Das Boot (edited 01-18-2000).]

Guest phoenix

Exactly. And so what if Steve said

"We're 99% done!"

What's that mean? Maybe the last 1% takes

3 more weeks to complete.

"There's just no pleasing some people".

Relax, there's more to life.

Guest Big Time Software

Unfortunately, we have no idea when Combat Mission will be done. Never have and never will until the day we send it off to the replicator. The last bit of development is taking far, far, far more time than we expected. The game itself is about 99% done, but there is more that has to be done than just the game core. Things like interface look and function, documentation, graphics, variable balancing for DYO, final touches on scenarios, etc. are all being worked on now.

So we are in a bind here. If we make yet another prediction, it might very well be just as wrong as the others and people will go nuts. If we make no prediction people go nuts. So there is no winning solution here for us.

When we feel comfortable with making another prediction we will do so. Until then, the predicted shipping date is "sometime later" smile.gif. If you want one that is a bit more specific, "sometime in 2000" smile.gif We'll narrow that down when we can!

Steve

Guest John Pender

If we could wait for the demo with nothing but a few old screen shots to get us by Im sure you can wait a few more months now that we have the demo and madmats page to keep us busy. Hang in there Capt you can make it.

Laughs when Manieri returns and realizes he is locked out:

Uh guys, guys, come one guys let me in...........guys?

Take care

John

Guest Tom punkrawk

heh, well at least some of you are getting over the little kid phase "are we there yet, are we there yet", but in this case; "is it done yet, is it done yet, come on uncle steve, tell us another story about it"

hehe

Do you know when the real awful time will start? When CM gets shipped. All you US- guys start playing the full version. [i'm getting sick when I think about the 1000+ posts hitting this forum about the wonderful things you see... mad.gif ] Meanwhile I have to wait endless days for the snail mail to deliver this package to my house in far away Germany. grrrrrrrr!!

<font color=red>But then I'll have my revenge!! ...hopefully smile.gif </font>

[This message has been edited by Lindan (edited 01-18-2000).]

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Panzerleader, i posted a new post about the same subject because I didn't get a response from anyone at BTS to my last post. And again, not once have i asked, "when is it gonna be finished?" like a crying kid, I just wanted information about their progress.

Steve has responded, with what they are working on, and that is exactly what i wanted to know. He gave us exactly what he could, just a progress update. Not a release date, and I for one am happy to see it. But I guess you won't want to read it?

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

btw, steve, thnx for the post, thats exactly what i want, not a release date, just a progress update. Can only imagine how badly you guys want to finish, and I think most of us (non-beta testers) want the game to be finished totally when you release it, we just want to be included in the process by receiving posts just like the one you left.

Thanks again.

Steve and Charles, we salute you for all the hard work and wringing of hands that you have put into this game. I'm not experienced in software development, so I keep my mouth shut when it comes to asking for release date projections, etc. It's capably in your hands, and I'm more than comfortable with that.

Progress updates, like the one you just kicked out to us, are fun for us privates in your army. They let us know what's going on in your labor of love. They make us feel part of the operation, and give us objectives for which to root. I hope you'll do this form of offhand updating more regularly. It's a nice touch... one of the many special things that have allowed BigTime to outdistance its competition even before the game hits our hard drives!

All the best,

Carentan

Guest KwazyDog

Stabsfeldwebel, I think the reason some people have jumped on what you posted in a negative respect is that what Steve and Charles have done with the development on CM is what pretty much no other company has done before. They have listened to people suggestions and hopes on the forum and as best as possible they have tried to include them. In the past they have responded to questions and given as much as they could in keeping people informed.

You post appears to be suggesting that they are being rude in not coming here and giving us updates every few days where in reality they are just DAMN busy trying to get this game out to everyone.

Please dont take this post the wrong way as I understand where you are coming from, Im just trying to explain things from a different angle. Some of us have been coming to this forum for a long long time and know just how much Steve and Charles have given to us in the past through the forum, far beyond what any other company has in the past.

Think of it this way, spending 1-2 hours a day browing the responding the forum ends up being about a day a week worth of work lost. Actually, if it wasnt for this forum, CM probably would be released by now, but certainally wouldnt be the same game... smile.gif

Stabsfeldwebel;

I never said I didnt want to know, I just accepted the fact like an adult that they were busy, and would respond when they were good an ready too. No you didnt come right out an say it verbatim, but anyone with half a brain could easily read between the lines by the tone of the posts. I am very appreciative of them taking the time to post, But now u really dont know anymore than what they told you last time do you? It still isn't done, they are working on it, and they dont know when it will be done. As they said before it wont be released until they are happy with it. So what did all this do for us, accept take time away from Steve?

Steve - dont get me wrong I appreciated the update very much smile.gif But even I who is dying for the release, could see how this kinda post could become tiresome.

Dont forget to take a break here and there man otherwise ya may go crosseyed eek.gif

Guest Madmatt

***Madmatt bursts down from the ceiling with a maniacal gleam in his eye wearing a black T-Shirt with the word "STAFF" on the back, unslings his flamethrower (one of three that capt. manieri never noticed!) shouts out "DIE PUNK-SPAWN" and toasts the little bugger into small bite sized charcoal brickets!

Mmmm Smoores!

All in good fun! biggrin.gif

And I did this without even burning the hair on my forearms Steve! wink.gif

Madmatt out cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-19-2000).]