Survivor influenced UPDATE on CMHQ Wednesday Night!!!...

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Yea yea yea, I watched the damn show and I am pissed that Rudy didn't win!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Same here!

I had a bet with the wife that he would win.

Bah.

My wife feels the last gal voted for that goofball Richard because she felt that he was her best chance at winning, that more people liked Rudy than Richard, and if they had to pick, they would pick her moreso than him.

How about that one gal who just blew em both away with her comments! That was killing me. I was running between the computer to see if I had email turns waiting and back to the T.V. as often as I could.

A travesty that Rudy didn't win..that's what it is..a travesty.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

I never saw a problem with Rich. I don't know where the public, or even the cast-a-ways for that matter, got the idea that he was evil. He's the only sorry SOB that went out and pulled in a tribe-full of Stingrays everyday or so.

So I was pulling for him all along.

Besides he reminded me of a friend of mine here locally to the tee, down to his voice, his attitude, (yes my friend is a former Marine), his looks (receding hair-line and beard). Except my friend isn't gay. tongue.gif

What was Sue's problem? eek.gifeek.gif Damn! What bad rat did she eat before the final tribal council?

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

Doh!

We're about 1 week behind in the show in Oz, and you guys have to blab about the outcome! eek.gif

Oh well, one blessing, with this bit of intelligence I can make a bet with my missus about who's going to win. I could get very rich out of this! smile.gif

I only have one problem with the show...

Why the hell did they call it Survivor?

Didn't seem any of them had a problem surviving, or lasting till the end.

I just guess the "political and popularity" title was too long to use.

Lorak

------------------

Proud commander of the CCT's Chinchilla Commando Teams

OK

I gues I'm the only one here who thought Kelly should have won.

Pick a number between 1 and 10????

she picked 3 and Rich picked 7

the number Greg (?) had in mind

(that decided his vote and the fate

of $900,000)

was the number 9!!!!!

He voted for Rich on that basis alone.

Kelly should be PISSED!

But Rich was VERY smart to drop out of the hold on to the Idol for the immunity challenge early to leave Kelly and Rudy to duke it out. That was Brilliant strategy.

And Kelly was Smart to kick Rudy out because her chances against Rich really did look better.

Sue's speach was a disgraceful display of being a sore loser.

IMHO

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Remember that no dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sue's speach was a disgraceful display of being a sore loser.

IMHO

-tom w

---------------------------------------------

Just showing off her true colors...

She's a Packers fan biggrin.gif

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

CM Recommended Reading List Moderator

www.siteonsound.com/CMReadingList.htm

Guest Rommel22

Same here, I wanted rudy to win.

But rich was second on my list. Just because he was smarter than all the rest of them to make an "allience" to vote off other people.

Thats why he desrved to win, he knew what to do. Good for him.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

I only have one problem with the show...

Why the hell did they call it Survivor?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MUUAHAAAHAHAHAAAA!

YES! Our scheme is working. The fools of the most powerful nation in the world has fallen to the Master Plan. We invented the "Survivor" show and they fell for it. Soon the world will be ours for the taking as everyone and the kitchen sink will become addicted to "Survivor" (we called it Robinson but I guess the americans need more drama). Production and supply will plummet, we will take over the world hehehehehe.

The Swedes

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Umm ok, so what did you think of tonights POTD?!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Matt, you opened up this can of rat bait...

But, since I've never seen "Survivor", I guess I'll have to stay on topic this once: Kwazydog has out-done himself on this one, that Tiger is beautiful! Especially like the horse-shoe stuck on the glacis. But where does the survivor part come in? The Tiger beat the AT gun --- is that it? (Since it looks like a measly little 57mm or 6lbr, that shouldn't have been too hard...).

Guest Mortiis

Your not the only one tom, I couldnt believe how flippant greg was with his vote. I mean 1 million bucks was at stake and he uses some dumb ass system like that to choose a winner. Then again heck she walked away with 100 g. Im just glad sue never won, and was really glad after that hillarious display she put on at the last council. Did anyone watch the reunion show, man I thought kelly was going to lay the boots to sue after she said she didnt regret what she said even though at the start of the show they were laughing about the last show. Kelly was no saint but I still wanted her to win anyways.

I cant believe I replied to this post but since madmatt came out of the survivor closet I had to put my 2 cents in as well lol. Or was it madmatts brilliant plan to bait all of us poor saps who watch this show to come out of hiding.

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Doh!

We're about 1 week behind in the show in Oz, and you guys have to blab about the outcome! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The next "Survivor" is going to be in Oz. Maybe there won't be so long of a delay next time. smile.gif

-Andrew

PS: Honestly, how obsessed can people get? The lead story on the CBS-affiliate 11:00 news program was "More on Survivor." That means CBS was airing basically 3.5 hours of non-stop Survivor! I'm just glad it's over. Now we can all crawl out of our holes and recoil in horror at the sight of Mr. Sun.

PSS: Anyone here watch "The Real World"? smile.gif

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

I supported Rich all along, thinking he *should* be the winner. But I knew the final vote would essentially be a popularity contest and figured he didn't have a chance, so I bet on Rudy.

Still happy for Rich though... maybe he'll cover the $5 I lost smile.gif

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

I don't watch TV shows!

It comes to a point where it controls you, and keeps you from experiencing the finer things in life, and that's insulting to my intelligence if you think I'd ever fall for that. I'm sorry, but it's addictive and brainwashing. It attempts to influence your thoughts and mindset through artificial means. You can hardly truly know anything about most of these issues without experiencing it first hand.

OK...now back to my 8 hour a day Combat Mission marathon!!! smile.gif

Kelly should have won, she busted her ass to stay in the game the last 4 weeks. She won think the last 4 immunity challenges, she is the true survivor "thats competition". Both Rich & Sue make my skin craw mad.gif . But I got to say Rudy Rocks tongue.gif

Big Dog

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 08-24-2000).]