Air strip scenarios?

Guest Robert/1

Guest Robert/1

Will the be any scenaros whith air strips or would you have to make this in the scenario bilder?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

I was just thinking more on the lines of a commando assault of a foggy airstrip somewhere deep in Germany tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds interesting. You just gave me some ideas for scenario design. smile.gif

------------------

"When in doubt....shell."

CM3 Should have airfields, and aircraft. I can cite a few examples. During Operation Crusader, the most fought over piece of territory was a captured Italian Air Field, Sidi Rezigh (SP?). The 6th Royal Tank Regiment rammed and destroyed virtually every plane on the field when it was first taken. It was then the scene of some BITTER fighting for the rest of the battle.

Maleme Airfield on Crete was also another important historical battle for an airfield.

Guest ChrisC1009

I would be awesome to do the German raid on Eben Emael. Hmmmm

Wonder if this is possible? If it is, I just might have to start timkering.

Hmmmm

Not only airstrips would be important, but also landing fields for gliders. Both airstrips and fields would be especially valuable for paratroopers, not only commandos.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

Guest Robert/1

I can just see it now a platoon of Allied men sneaking around a German air strip and then...

Well you get the idea.

Robert/1

[This message has been edited by Robert/1 (edited 05-27-2000).]

Thinking of trying to do a night raid scenerio with para's. Might try to have a squad or 2 in the force with satchel charges sneaking around at night and having a bunker as the main victory location.

Green/conscrpit troops as guards of the installation and a couple of elite para/fallschirmjager platoons as the raiding force scattered over the map after their drop etc.

From what I've heard sounds doable with the editor so I'm keen to see if it'll work.

Reg's

Fen

If Madmatt can make a dam with the editor, I would guess and airstrip would be a piece of cake. It probably won't have aircraft on it, but you could just substitute something else for now, like houses masquerading as hangars. So, let's see some of those foggy commando raids, then.

Guest Madmatt

Hmmm, Airstip eh??? Perhpas I should fire up that editor again..

Everyone remembers the DAM but NOBODY talks about the original map I did! It was the Indy 500 Speedway... I thought it was cool... Just didnt have the UMMPHHH that the Hotte DAM had I guess... frown.gif

Madmatt

p.s. I only took a couple of pictures of ole Indy too so that may have contributed to its lack of appeal...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Matt you've done it again. Now I can indulge my two favorite online passions, CM and Grand Prix Legends ... that red blur was my 1967 Formula One Ferrari, you can't hit what you can't see smile.gif Forza Ferrari!

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 05-27-2000).]

Surprised no-one's mentioned the famous battle for Carpiquet airfield in Normandy. The 12th SS against the Canadians. Lots of nice flat terrain for AT guns but I don't know how interesting an operation that would make.

MikeO,

guess Carpiquet is quite the prototype for an operation in CM.

It took the Canadian 3. Infantry Division three days to capture the airstrip from "Hitlerjugend" (12.SS PzDiv) and it was the prerequisite for the assault on Caen.

This could be a great operation in CM!

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeO:

Lots of nice flat terrain for AT guns but I don't know how interesting an operation that would make. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And don't forget the promise of using AA quad .50s (plentiful around the Normandy strips) against ground troops- they would be a primary target for the raider to nail...

Fred, you wouldn't be able to represent the entire division in the operation. Nothing more than reinforced battalion size, I'm afraid.

We...want..bigger...maps...

How the hell do you include a signature? How come it's not working? (I was formerly PanzerLeader, and lost my identity after the crash.)

[This message has been edited by Panzer-Leader (edited 05-29-2000).]

FWIW, Sturmbanfuhrer Meyer (of the 12th SS) had the 3rd Panzer Grenaider Battalion, a Recon Bn, a Panzer Bn (all from the 25th Regiment) as well as the Rgts anti tank and flak detachments despatched to both guard the Divisions left flank (due to the late arrival of Panzer Lehr) and to defend the Carpiquet Airfield.

------------------

krm - King of useless posts;)

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Sounds like you guys need to get Hidden & Dangerous, (Game from Talonsoft) it has exactly that Type of commando raid on an airstip

CDIC

"Death solves all problems - no man, no problem" J V Stalin, 1918