Team Yankee?

I was just wondering if anyone has read the book Team Yankee by H.W. Coyle. It is really about WWIII with modern equipment, but I was thinking about converting some of the battles in the book to CM scenarios and Operations, just thought I would ask everyone elses opinion.

Chris McWilliam

I liked Team Yankee and Sword Point.

Not sure where you will get TOWs and

attack helos (g) in CM. I have to say I use the mixed team or task organization whenever I can in WW2 battles. Coyle explains the concept very well. The maps and situations

will be helpful for a few hypos.

- Kinch

im at the moment doing the final battle in team yankee,just trying to work out forces and victory markers,the battles in this book do lend themselves to ww11,except for atgm substitute bazookas,hinds for air support hamsters for well hamsters

long live hammy,for he is the king

Great book from start to the end. I had also read 'The Ten Thousand' and is currently trying to figure out how to create a scenario based on the book for SB. I must try to dig this book up again - misplaced it some where between places. Thanks for letting me remember smile.gif

------------------

Malmvig

I enjoyed the book, but it was obviously his first book writing effort and extremely (imho) optimistic. His other books got better, the one with the invasion of iran by russia was great the libya vs egypt book. the US vs Mexico (unique premise, very good). As well as the Ten Thousand.

As for modern war type books, "Red Army" by (IIRC) Ralph Peters, was exceptional. Far above any i've read before or since, I believe he wrote "War in 2020" which was also great. The realism and human emotion just shine through.

I also enjoyed "38 North Yankee" and "Firefall" , both by the same author whose name I forget.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited 09-07-2000).]

Yes. That was a good one. There was a follow up book by that author (I've forgotten the title) where the same characters were fighting on the mexican border against someone. Help! confused.gif

The problem with your hope of modern armor combat using the CM engine I believe are the distances involved. But maybe some of you pro computer guys could speak to that???

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)