Help with the MAUS

My 2 cents.

They already have the ELEPHANT

The mouse frighten the elephant, therefore to outdo the ELEPHANT tank one must nickname it MAUS (MOUSE).

For what it's worth.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

The name is correct. As to why, no real explanation, Though PAWBROON may be very close to the name. hnh3_cm while being sarcastic also makes a valid point. Goliath anyone? smile.gif

I can post a complete history of the MOUS if you like.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jw123:

I hope BTS puts the Maus tank in the future

patch!?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I want a patch that takes out all tanks from CM. Only Bren carriers and Weasels, lots of them, are allowed in. I hate tanks. Big, clunking, gas-guzzling worthless chunks of not-quite-yet-but-soon-to-be scrap metal. The only skill worth talking about is to command the PBI (poor bloody infantry). What have tanks ever done for me. You know what they say, big tank, aww, let's not go there. The most enjoyable game against the AI I had was VoT as the US, and I parked all my Shermans at a point of the map where they could not interfere. Still won. Useless things. Give me an extra platoon any day, I say.

Please note that all smilies on this iBook met a gruesome end at the hands of the 6th Batallion the Duke of Wellington Regiment. In Colchester.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

edited to insert sycophantism

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 06-08-2000).]

My dear Germanboy,

I must take exception to your previous post, and would prefer a game without any of those annoying little vermin. "Crunchies", as we used to call them, are only good for sitting on their asses at the victory points while my tanks are busy irradicating one hun possition after another. Infantry makes a fine track lube though, and we used to make a lot of money selling grunts ice cold refreshements out in the hot desert sun. Ah, for the gypsy life of a tanker...

Hey any of you doggies ever refer to the turret bustle rack as a "gypsy rack"? Or was that just a jarhead term?

All kidding aside, the proper employment of combined arms is really the only unstoppable solution on any battlefield, yesterday, today or tomorrow.

Zamo

unrepentant treadhead

Germanboy wrote...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Please note that all smilies on this iBook met a gruesome end at the hands of the 6th Batallion the Duke of Wellington Regiment. In Colchester.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

all smilies on this ibook met a gruesome end... all of them?

no!

a small force is still resisting...

in fact, they are doing rather well, and are on the verge of taking that valley in ImacLand! biggrin.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

btw... im fine with BTS including more armor... as long as it is historically correct... wink.gif

or how are you supposed to stop some heavy ATATs ? without airspeeders and tow-cables? biggrin.gif

elsewise you would see a lot of riochet hits tongue.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

(i ... must ... remember ... to ... read... before ... hitting... that... submit ... button.... ... read.... read...)

[This message has been edited by TargetDrone (edited 06-09-2000).]

and as I recall once that the beach heads were istablshed it took the power of the armor to push further inland. But lets leave the beaches out of it for a minute and talk about "Operation Market Garden" I sure bet the US 82nd Airborn would have loved to have seen XXX CORP arrive soooner than it did and I would bet a lot of money the British 1st Airborn would have given about anything to have seen XXX CORP at all before their retreat. The Bulge anyone? tongue.gif

Armor rules, even more so when its used in combined arms! biggrin.gif

I think I must agree with Germanboy, (and that is not just because he lets me beat him in our pbem battles). Infantry battles without the tanks are far more enjoyable. You need more skill to win, i.e. it is not just about who has the biggest .. you know what.

And this fella here smile.gif is one of Germanboys smilies that was captured by 6th Batallion the Duke of Wellington Regiment, in Colchester. I just popped over to the base and freed hím. (All the grunts were drunk, so I could just walk in) Now he is my slave for my sick and perverted purposes.

The cool thing about CM Germanboy is that you can DYO battle. So whip an all infantry battle and have fun. Or If you want to play one blind against someone else wait for me to whip one up for you. I have this idea for a big infantry battle in a city with several companies on each side. No offboard arty, morters only, and NO TANKS or other vehicals. If anyone interested email me directly.

OK, all of you tankaphobes, when or if I ever play you in PBEM, you get no tanks while I get to roll out a Schwere Panzer Abtelung, OK? (Little winkee forced away at gunpoint, big gunpoint, say 88MM...)

Seriously, I hear what you are saying. But give me the heavy steel! I bet you guys would love to see a Pacific CM. Now that would be perfect for those with little taste for the heavy stuff.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darstand:

The cool thing about CM Germanboy is that you can DYO battle. So whip an all infantry battle and have fun. Or If you want to play one blind against someone else wait for me to whip one up for you. I have this idea for a big infantry battle in a city with several companies on each side. No offboard arty, morters only, and NO TANKS or other vehicals. If anyone interested email me directly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you throw in a 155mm SP gun for the Allies we have a deal - Aachen... those US commanders knew how to treat a 2,000 year old city...

But it sounds like a great idea, and I am always up for leading the PBI into another carnage. So I will take you up on this once the game is out and has reached Europe.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)