MAC, Mods, help?

Quick status update, took a 2 hour lunchbreak and added an export feature to dump the PICT resources to separate mac PICT files. Sent it out to my 2 testers. I'm at version 0.3, the last one before this coming weekend and probably the last addition of features, I'll see what feedback I get.

This weekend, after making any fixes, I plan to post version 1.0 of CM MacMod over at CMHQ somewhere.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the top of the Mountain , as a new day Dawns , all mac user's scream and shout "Praise be to Bop and the Rat" , then off to the nearest pub to buy them a drink.....mb even buy them the pub.

Thanks in advance guys. Your hard work is appreciated. smile.gif

Måkjager

just a quick update on MCMMM:

v0.6 was just sent out to the testers, and, barring any major problems will be ready for release (as v1.0) this weekend!

I've added in automatic backup of the resource files (it will overwrite an existing backup right now. Future releases may include the ability to rename the backup files so you can keep different mod versions on your harddrive. Still thinking of the best way to provide this feature).

also have a full revert feature that works now!

Too many other features to mention, just wanted to let you know it'll only be a few more days (barring a major issue but I doubt there will be any).

Just FYI. I really believe that MCMMM will be released with MDMP-2, or even before it. And from what I hear, MacMod will be out then as well.

you guys will be really happy to get these programs, as there are some incredible textures on the net. Sorry it's taken so long, but trying to put out a decent product for you all.

Question: would a program for managing the sounds be appreciated by anyone? It's a bit more work (if I can do it at all with Real Basic)), and not one I really care to undertake unless there's a big demand for it.

Thanks!

have a great day,

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

aikidorat

Dave, an amazing job again and well done.

Its a long weekend here in Toronto, Canada

and look forward to getting to play with

all those cool mod's the pc side has been using.

Again thank you.

Deadline

------------------

"My honor is Life both grow as one, take honor

from me and my life is done."

Hi Mac CMers!

well, MCMMM final candidate went out for test early this morning (like 1230), and should also be ready for release tonite or Saturday.

My intention is to release both MCMMM and MacMod simultaneously, so you can download both and try them at the same time.

Also:

we will NOT be releasing a patch for MDMP-2. No need, seeing how the MCMMM and MacMod will be available.

This does NOT mean we are no longer supporting the mac. Far from it, it means that the mac team will have more time to check third party mods, assemble a list of troublesome bmps (there will be some due to different resolutions, sizes, etc of some of the bmps vs. PICTS), and other cool stuff that we want to bring to the mac.

Oh, and more time to actually play CM!

MCMMM and MacMod are the best way to support the mac, but we arent going away!

bsoplinger, if you read this during the day Friday, can you email me at my aikidorat@yahoo.com address? We need to discuss the final mapping of the pics/bmps. Thanks.

Another status later tonite or Early Saturday morning.

dave

------------------

Final pre-release status update on CM MacMod. Sent it out to my testers and aikidorat, looks good. I'll have to package up a nicer readme (making sure to thank the testers) and that's about it. I'll make the REALBasic project available to those who ask, the info will be in the readme.

So a saturday release looks good for me too. cool.gif

Final pre-release info for both MCM3 and MacMod:

Both are going to go to MadMatt in the morning, barring any major problems coming up tonite in final testing. But they're good enough to go out and let you all play with 'em!

You're going to really really like these programs.

I'll be posting a new thread once it's out, along with some design info over the next couple of days (ie, why they do what they do, why we mapped as we did, etc).

Gotta go test a bit more, then off to bed.

dave

------------------

Final status info. I just mailed off the release version 1.0 of CM MacMod to aikidorat which includes a fancy manual and everything smile.gif

I have no idea when they (both mine and his version) will show up over at the HQ.

PS If you're reading this aikidorat, don't release the last test version but the new version I just mailed you

Quick update:

Both MCMMM and CMMM have shipped to MadMatt.

Not sure when he'll upload them, but I'm sure he'll let you all know.

bsoplinger:

got the latest and uploaded that. Man, nice Readme. I gotta make me one of those. Too cool.

rest of you mac users:

enjoy the mod managers! Standard disclaimers apply: use at your own risk!

Also:

I'll open up a topic in the Tips and Techniques area where we can discuss the merits, or not, of each manager, and what features you all would like to see. I'll probably open it later today.

enjoy!

dave

------------------

Guys,

MadMatt has first dibs. These were developed to be part of MDMP, so we let MadMatt post them first.

Sorry, you'll have to wait one more day.

<<message edited, as the building is ok as is>>

dave

------------------

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 09-02-2000).]

[This message has been edited by aikidorat (edited 09-02-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

What error Dave?

That building is SUPPOSED to have a different side and front textures. That is very common in Europe.

Unless you are talking about something else.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

I've been privileged to be one of the testers for bsoplinger's software, and I've also now had a chance to take a look at aikidorat's. The Mac users of CM will definitely owe them a debt of gratitude. No more Mac mod envy! And boy, do those mods look sweet! It'll be worth the wait (but I'm glad I didn't have to). biggrin.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Well,

with all the wasted bandwidth going on, figured I'd bring this thread back up to the front to see what you all think about the mod managers.

And, in case anyone missed it, the managers are released! Check out any of MadMatt's posts to get the link.

Hope you're enjoying the mod programs. I'm already working at cleaning up my code in order to support some new features and ideas I have for MCMMM. And a new, cool Readme is in the works too!

dave

------------------

History is made at night

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aikidorat:

Well,

with all the wasted bandwidth going on, figured I'd bring this thread back up to the front to see what you all think about the mod managers.

And, in case anyone missed it, the managers are released! Check out any of MadMatt's posts to get the link.

Hope you're enjoying the mod programs.

dave

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well judging from the lack of email to me, either they're working very well or nobody's using them! smile.gifrolleyes.gif

First Thank You Thank You Thank You

Especially after looking at Gunslingers upcoming Mod

I suggested the Shareware Fee and will be contributing shortly

however hile I have both

could you please (perhaps once again)

Do a quick comparison & contrast

between the two

The differences?

Mine's lots better of course, cause I wrote it biggrin.gif

Seriously, both do about the same thing. I'm not sure if aikidorat's can export PICTs from a resource to Mac files, but otherwise they do the same things, just do it differently.

Mine (CM MacMod) is based on drag and drop. You select all the .bmp's you want, drag them to CM MacMod and drop them on it. You get a side by side view of the before and after pics (and summer versions if you're applying a new winter mod). You can then select to update one or the rest, skip one or the rest or cancel the whole operation. It'll also take PICTs, JPGs and TIFF files along with the Graphics Files, which lets you do a revert type operation, just not as neatly as Dave's will.

Dave can describe his better but here's a quick shot at it:

You open a folder's worth of .bmp files and get a list and pick and choose which ones to apply.

This thread should probably continue over in the CM - Tips and Techniques Forum under the Topic:   Mac Mod Managers (MCM3 and MacMod)

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum7/HTML/000215.html

aikidorat opened that to discuss the 2 managers and discuss what they do, ask for features, that sort of thing.

I've already added 2 postings there based on questions I've gotten from people who've emailed me with problems or questions.