My King Tiger took out a Stuart!!!

I had ten King Tigers hidden behind on top of to the left of this *big* hill.

Suddenly, a Stuart half-tank comes along, then BOOM, it is gone!

What are the chances of that happening!!!

P.S. if anyone wants to see this happening, I can post a 200mb Quicktime file to the forum.

------------------

Quality, wholesome family viewing brought to you by Master Bates and Seaman Staines.

Are you guys cutting up? Hmmm lets see a humongous King Tiger versus a Stuart with a 37mm main gun and tin foil for armor...granted there would be some wreckage left but the King Tigers 88mm gun would definitely wreck a Stuarts day (not to mention that of the Stuarts crew). Dont get me wrong Im not ragging Stuarts,,,its my favorite WW II tank, but remember its a LIGHT TANK, and was originally used for recon. Thanks for letting me put my two cents in.

Elijah, you disappoint me.

I propose a series of 10 different topics, with statements from senior CM board contributors which are of a condescending and lofty air, which condemn Elijah. Hopefully Elijah will then be provoked into posting an offensive picture, followed up by a *killer blow* of respected contributors pleading with BTS to ban him.

Now, kids, I know that sounds like a tall and unlikely story. In such an incident I would of course be on Elijah's side, closely supported by Seaman Staines as well. smile.gif

------------------

Quality, wholesome family viewing brought to you by Master Bates and Seaman Staines.

[This message has been edited by Master Bates (edited 09-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Master Bates:

Elijah, you disappoint me.

I propose a series of 10 different topics, with statements from senior CM board contributors which are of a condescending and lofty air, which condemn Elijah. Hopefully Elijah will then be provoked into posting an offensive picture, followed up by a *killer blow* of respected contributors pleading with BTS to ban him.

Now, kids, I know that sounds like a tall and unlikely story. In such an incident I would of course be on Elijah's side, closely supported by Seaman Staines as well. smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bates, I don't even understand what you've just posted. Would you care to explain a little firther?

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

Hang on hang on. That wasn't an anti-Elijah post, it was a joke!!

Ah I get it it, you are a *Senior Contributor*, who has been following the development of Combat Mission since 1979.

In which case, dear sir, I shall doff my cap and bow, while uttering a sincere apology to everyone who has not taken a Stuart from behind with a King Tiger.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Master Bates:

I had ten King Tigers hidden behind on top of to the left of this *big* hill.

Suddenly, a Stuart half-tank comes along, then BOOM, it is gone!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations!...Now go try playing with da big boys!... wink.gif

Henri

I once almost managed to take out a jeep with a Jadgpanther... hey, that jeep was armed with a MG though! He could have scratched my brand new paint job. I don't think damage from 50 cal MG fire is covered by my insurance policy... Luckily I was near the edge and I could reverse off the map. smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red Dog:

Luckily I was near the edge and I could reverse off the map. smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's historically incorrect because a Jeep is way faster than a Jagdpanther and even though you reversed out of the map the Jeep would've pursued. The game saved you when historically your paintjob would've been ruined. There should be a point reduction options of some sort. Maybe something for v1.06??? BTS please fix this !!!

Or maybe the Stuart crew were all rogering the cabin boy and they bumped his head on to a live shell, which could easely happen if the lights went out after the hampsters chewed through the wiring.....Yes that would explain it...for sure...maybe

I hear the suggestive names in Captain Pugwash are a myth. If they really were like that, you'd think someone would have noticed. I'm sure there was a scandal at one point, though...

------------------

Major General Maxwell Taylor found himself with several officers but only two or three enlisted men. "Never," he told them, "have so few been commanded by so many."