New weathered shermans

Ok I've gone through and done what I've been wanting to do for a long time: the next version of my weathered shermans mod. These ar in high resolution and are a little darker than my last ones. These do not include the jumbo, british shermans, or fireflies, which I have already done in high resolution and I am quite happy with smile.gif

hiresweatheredsherman76.jpg

I finished a high resolution weathered cromwell last night as well, but want to finish the other cromwell bmps.

I'll have to find a site to post these to.

Also I have a nifty cd-burner for christmas and am putting together a mod cd of my own. Price for lower 48 states should be $6.50 next day priority fedex. That's shipping $5 and a buck fifty for the cd-r. Contact me via e-mail if you're intrested. This will likely be ready in another week. Nothing fancy just mods on cd wink.gif

happy new year,

johnS

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 12-26-2000).]

That's ok Maxiums. These are the original bmps increased to 144 dpi and textured. If by "crudy and blurry" you mean I did not use a photograph or nice picture of sherman roadwheels and cut & paste them on to look nicer, you would be correct. I have a couple of nice roadwheels I could use but in game these look very nice. These wheels also intentionally have a good bit of mud I added to them; they're supposed to look cruddy.

johnS

ps Madmatt awhile back told me that when you raise the dpi to 144 (i.e. double the normal dpi of the original bmps), you need to set it back to 72 dpi after you finish or the bmps won't look right on an apple. I've been doing this so maybe there's some quality being lost when doing that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

[b

ps Madmatt awhile back told me that when you raise the dpi to 144 (i.e. double the normal dpi of the original bmps), you need to set it back to 72 dpi after you finish or the bmps won't look right on an apple. I've been doing this so maybe there's some quality being lost when doing that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That may be why your battered panther A looks kind of choppy on my mac.

example.jpg

aye shadow, I'll check and see if i reverted that model to 72 after finishing it at 144. You can load up a paint program and check the dpi under change size utility. A number of my old ones and a few from the maddog modpacks were still at 144 dpi. Apparently the apple doesn't like it when you increase the dpi that high and it could result in corrupted textures. At least what I was told, since I do not own a mac.

-john

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I realy like the weathered look on these! nice Hi-res!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Let me just add this note....

If you increase the dpi to 144 and then back down to 72, you still have lo-res, no?

The proper way of making hi-res is to double the image SIZE, not the DPI. For instance, a 128x256 image is hi-resed when you increase it to 256x512. Leave the dpi at 72 and then do your modifications. This makes the image's pixels into 4x4 pixels allowing for greater detail.

Changing the dpi and then back does absolutely nothing. You must increase the size of the image.

Just thought I'd point that out. wink.gif

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LONG life!"-Minsc, BGII